POSITION: Assistant Director of Facilities
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Facilities
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Director I
WORK ARRANGEMENT: Hybrid
SALARY RANGE: $70,000- $85,000
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
If you are looking for a unique Assistant Director of Facilities position in a diverse nonprofit culture, you may have just found it!
Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind In Napa Ca, is looking for a Proven experience Assistant Director of Facilities to work On-Site (300 Acres) as needs permit, to fill a valued role in our growing organization. The Assistant Director of Facilities will be a hands-on manager and be able to manage staff and prioritize their schedule and daily task and verifying the completion of all their work and repairs. The Assistant Director of Facilities manages collaboratively with our onsite maintenance manager the overall facilities maintenance, janitorial, landscaping, animal care etc., ensuring a well maintained and safe property, contributing to the success of the business. The individual will be involved in hiring, training, and motivating their staff. If the below job responsibilities and qualifications are your strengths, we urge you to apply and check out this opportunity more. In addition, this role will be responsible for our satellite office North Coast/ Eureka Office.
The Assistant Director of Facilities is a full-time position, which will support in overseeing facility operations for multiple Lighthouse sites. The position will manage and oversee the supervision of all facilities related needs, request and conditions; supervision of our EHC Maintenance Manager, Janitorial services for EHC; handle vendor acquisitions (i.e. bringing on and vetting new vendors); executing contracts agreements; fulfilling insurance requirements; Create policies and procedure; Assist with set ups and break downs, as needed; Coordinate Risk & Safety trainings and reporting; Coordinate and manage facilities maintenance and repair projects, as needed; keeping necessary permits up to date.
The Assistant Director must be flexible in travelling within the Bay Area and Northern Ca. satellite site locations.
Education or equivalent: BA Degree in related field or other relevant work experience.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience, facilities, customer service or administrative management; a background or knowledge of the disability community is desirable.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent people, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Excellent standard of professionalism; reliable and punctual.
- Attentive to detail and ability to follow directions thoroughly.
- Work effectively under pressure and remain calm in high-stress situations.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly diversified environment.
- Available to work either weekends or weekdays, occasional early or late hours if needed.
- Hands on experience working in art events or outdoor programs in a professional environment is preferred but not required. (Successful applicant will have thorough on-the-job training upon hire.)
- Previous experience in Facilities and Hospitality preferred.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 30 pounds regularly, with occasional loading and uploading up to approximately 50 pounds, may be required.
- Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing or walking for long periods of time.
- Ability to safely and properly use tools and equipment, if not the willingness to be trained is key.
- Solid physical endurance sufficient for occasional prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate equipment.
- Ability and willingness to work with exposure to environmental conditions.
- Ability to sit at a desk and perform computer-intensive work for long periods of time; operate standard office equipment; ability to work at offsite location(s) independently as needed.
- Reports to Director of Facilities.
- Qualify, manage, retain, or seek new vendors.
- Monitor vendor contracts and keep Certificate of Insurance (COI) up to date. Will be the vendor account manager with enchanted hills camp and our other northern California locations.
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects and or ability to work on a collaboration with our Maintenance Manager to resolve issues of electrical, HVAC and Mechanical Systems, Plumbing, Carpentry, Building Repairs, Pool Maintenance, etc.
- 3-5 years Supervision experience with staff and successful experience dealing with
vendors, contractors, customers/ clients.
- Will work directly with the Sr. Director of Facilities on all fire, life, and safety matters along with document creation and retention, and will be expected to be on the quarterly satellite safety meetings.
- Will be expected to conduct and supervise the coordination of the scheduling of quarterly trainings for the EHC team and other locations on recommended topics along with attendance documentation.
- Able to troubleshoot A/V issues when they arise, which may require communications with A/V technicians BBI (vendor) and Lighthouse IT Department.
- Knowledgeable of accessibility needs and requirements for Lighthouse facilities.
- Oversee supervision and scheduling of entire janitorial team for building or camp wide services, including check-ins, payroll approvals for direct reports and team meetings. Will collaborate with the Maintenance Manager on all interviews, aid in employee relations and all disciplinary actions and documentation.
- Understanding of LightHouse cleaning products and best practices of state cleaning guidelines.
- Assist with employee evaluations and employee scorecard reporting along with establishing departmental achievable with Sr. Director of Facilities.
- Will continually play an intricate role in establishing fiscal year expenditures and aid in board reporting as needed.
- Oversee the response and resolved issues via work order system.
- Oversee camp procurement needs along with budget tracking.
- Review the daily office calendar, resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Will oversee and keep track of EHC’s safety team ensure annual training is conducted.
- Scheduling quarterly safety training for multiple sites (EHC, North Coast, Earl Baum).
- Perform monthly site checks; monitor building conditions, ensuring buildings are up to code.
- Coordinate building inspections ensuring necessary permits and licenses are up to date, as needed.
- Coordinate and manage maintenance for property and assets.
- Assist with implementing new and existing processes to ensure health and safety.
- Collaborate with Sr. Facilities Director on policy and procedures creation, all while monitoring and updating safety documents and our Light home page with an emphasis on accessibility.
- Issuing and maintaining office keys and updating the key legend.
- Supervise and ensure the prompt response to requests and issues from facility and hospitality department.
- Manages facility safety and building and camp conditions, oversees scheduling of janitorial, and transportation needs.
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an equal opportunity employer to all. We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace. We also operate under a mutual “employment at will” policy.
LightHouse is an equal opportunity employer. LightHouse policy and the law prohibit discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, ancestry, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, age (40 and over), sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions), marital status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), physical or mental disability (including HIV and AIDS), military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, denial of Family and Medical Care leave, height and weight, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Our policy and the law prohibit co-workers, third parties, supervisors, and managers from engaging in such conduct.
LightHouse personnel are employed on an at-will basis. Employment at-will means that the employment relationship may be terminated, with or without cause and with or without advance notice at any time by the employee or the Agency.
We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace. Employees are expected to behave in accordance with these objectives.
All employees at LightHouse are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently, no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no .PDFs please), to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints, we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest, thanks for your understanding.