POSITION: Quality Assurance Trainee
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director Quality and Compliance
STATUS: None Exempt- Part Time, 25 hrs./wk. (5 hrs./day), 7:30am-1pm
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Associate I
WORK ARRANGEMENT: In Person
SALARY RANGE: $19.15-$21.00
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is looking for Quality Assurance Trainee to join the LightHouse industries Quality Assurance Team at our Sirkin Center in Alameda. This position will support the quality management efforts and initiatives at LHI and will play a role in product quality improvement programs and initiatives. This person will be trained and equipped with the knowledge and skills required to perform routine tasks and job duties associated with quality management and research and development.
High School or Equivalent Certification
Interest in manufacturing and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, sit and or stand for long periods of time if needed.
- Able to work on feet in a fast-paced production environment.
- Work on and understand chemical manufacturing and filling on manufacturing production equipment.
- Gather and collect samples for laboratory analysis.
- Help in the quality assurance of products during production.
- Assist in laboratory accessibility.
- Ensure laboratory cleanliness and safety standards are maintained with the laboratory being inspection ready at all times.
- Support laboratory housekeeping efforts.
- Support inspections and testing for incoming production components and packaging materials.
- Assist and carry out cleaning validation on production equipment.
- Assist in preparing reagents, agar, and routine bench chemicals for analysis and sample testing.
- Clean and sterilize glassware for chemical and microbiological analysis according to SOP.
- Receive and provide training on CGMP.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with other staff members.
- Able to work safely and effectively in a production space.
- Able to lift and carry 30lbs safely.
- Able to take direction and perform tasks as needed.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft office 365 and the ability to learn LMS.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Other tasks are assigned as needed.
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an equal opportunity employer to all. We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace. We also operate under a mutual “employment at will” policy.
LightHouse is an equal opportunity employer. LightHouse policy and the law prohibit discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, ancestry, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, age (40 and over), sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions), marital status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), physical or mental disability (including HIV and AIDS), military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, denial of Family and Medical Care leave, height and weight, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Our policy and the law prohibit co-workers, third parties, supervisors, and managers from engaging in such conduct.
LightHouse personnel are employed on an at-will basis. Employment at-will means that the employment relationship may be terminated, with or without cause and with or without advance notice at any time by the employee or the Agency.
We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace. Employees are expected to behave in accordance with these objectives.
All employees at LightHouse are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently, no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no. PDFs please), to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints, we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest, thanks for your understanding. We strongly encourage applicants from the blind community to apply!