POSITION: Shipping Clerk
REPORTS TO: Director of Manufacturing, Shipping/Inventory Lead
WORK ARRANGEMENT: In Person
SALARY RANGE: $24.00/hr. – $26.00/hr.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filed
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Shipping & Receiving, Material handling Forklift Operator.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent & Forklift Driving Certificate.
Experience: Drive forklift for at least one year.
- Ship Using Fed EX and UPS online and other designated systems.
- Receive and respond to customer orders
- Create orders and receive goods and move product in Markov system.
- Stage Full goods verify counts & do associated paperwork.
- Learn and work in all systems associated with shipping
- Follow all shipping and inventory SOPs as set by Director of Manufacturing
- Create & apply labels for Packaging & Commercial Orders as well as received materials
- Prep all materials for shipping including but not limited to, stack/build pallets, prepping single cases, stretch wrapping materials, BOL creation, and other material prep duties as assigned.
- Work with LTL to schedule inbound and outbound trucks
- Take on tasks delegated from shipping lead and shipping manager
- Receiving, verify count, plus do associated paperwork.
- Report any or potential raw material problems.
- Move raw material to the right locations
- Report when raw material levels are getting low.
- Assist in full and raw goods areas within the warehouse, such as stretch wrapping materials, stacking materials, etc.
- Cycle count when slow
- Make sure everything is in its proper place to avoid potential hazards.
- Daily or weekly sweep of warehouse and dock area to ensure neat and tidy workspace.
- Assist with putting out Garbage & Recycle Bins for pick up.
- Report any or potential forklift mechanical problems.
- Complete forklift daily maintenance report.
- Observe propane level & report when low on full cylinders.
- Make sure to drive safely, follow all forklift rules & regulations.
- Lift /Carry 60lbs throughout the day
- Stand for long periods and climb up and down ladders
- Assist in production as needed, including back up machine operation.
- Any other duties as assigned by Plant Manager or Assistant Plant Manager.
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to stand, walk, and sit
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to lift/push/carry items up to 60 pounds
LightHouse is an equal opportunity employer. LightHouse policy and the law prohibit discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, ancestry, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, age (40 and over), sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions), marital status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), physical or mental disability (including HIV and AIDS), military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, denial of Family and Medical Care leave, height and weight, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Our policy and the law prohibit co-workers, third parties, supervisors, and managers from engaging in such conduct.
LightHouse personnel are employed on an at-will basis. Employment at-will means that the employment relationship may be terminated, with or without cause and with or without advance notice at any time by the employee or the Agency.
We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace. Employees are expected to behave in accordance with these objectives.
All employees at LightHouse are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently, no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).