It’s been an outstanding summer at Enchanted Hills. Camp sessions focusing on intensive learning like Music Academy and STEM Camp have been sandwiched between traditional camp sessions for kids, families and blind people of all ages.
Now that the campers are going home to school and work, there are some openings for groups to come and enjoy the beauty and solitude of Enchanted Hills. And your family reunion, wedding, religious group or company gathering will support the life-changing programs of Enchanted Hills.
Enchanted Hills Retreat is intimate and private. Time goes a little slower on Mt. Veeder, filled with peaceful walks through the Redwoods, games of horseshoes, gatherings in the KIVA and delicious meals in our dining hall. There is WIFI if you need it, or you can totally unplug.
Accommodations feature 6 duplex cottages and other lodging. You can even have a campfire and s’mores at your request.
Want to take a tour or check if the dates you are interested in are available? Call 415-694-7310 or visit www.enchantedhillsretreat.com.
The LightHouse and Environmental Traveling Companions (ETC) collaborate in September as we offer a whitewater rafting experience on the South Fork of the American River. Youth and adults ages 14 and up are invited to attend this exciting rafting trip and overnight campout.
If you are interested in joining us, please contact Evening & Weekend Program Coordinator Serena Olsen by Tuesday, September 6 at 415-694-7316 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will leave early Saturday, September 24th to arrive at the South Fork of the American River by midday for an exciting afternoon of whitewater rafting. Once we finish our river float, we will go to ETC’s overnight camp where we will cook dinner together. After dinner, we’ll enjoy socializing around the campfire with old and new friends. The next morning we will pack-up camp and return to San Francisco by noon, traffic permitting.
- Who: Youth and Adults who are blind or have low vision (ages 14 and up)
- What: Whitewater Rafting and Overnight Campout
- When: Depart 7:30 a.m. Saturday, September 24th and return 12:00 p.m. (noon) Sunday, September 25th
- Where: South Fork of the American River and ETC’s Overnight Camp
- Transportation: Transportation from and to the LightHouse will be provided
- Waiver: Each participant must submit 2 waiver forms, one from the LightHouse and the other from Environmental Travel Companions. Please contact Serena Olsen to receive the waivers. Spots will only be reserved when payment and signed waivers are received.
- Cost: The cost of the event is $100.00 per participant. LightHouse will cover overnight costs, transportation, dinner, and breakfast the following morning. Spots will only be reserved once payment and the two signed waivers are received.
Please bring the following items on this trip:
- Water bottle
- Hat or visor
- Sleeping bag
- Change of clothes
- Water shoes
- Jacket /hoodie
- Cane or mobility device
- Any necessary medication
- Personal toiletries (for the overnight campout at ETC’s campsite)
- Two signed waivers for LightHouse and Environmental Traveling Companions