LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, in partnership with Silicon Valley Community Foundation, is excited to offer a new way to receive dependable income for life while supporting the blind in our area. Charitable gift annuities are simple to set up and provide you or your loved ones with income for your lifetimes. And after you pass on, your gift will benefit the blind community.
A charitable gift annuity is a simple contract between you and Silicon Valley Community Foundation (SVCF) set up to benefit only the LightHouse. In exchange for your contribution of $25,000 or more, SVCF agrees to make fixed payments for life to one or two beneficiaries. The amount paid is based on the age of the beneficiary or beneficiaries.
Why are gift annuities so appealing?
- Your payments are fixed and are not affected by market turbulence
- Your payments are secure, backed by all of SVCF’s unencumbered assets
- You may qualify for a tax-deductible donation
- There may be a potential to increase your cash flow, especially if the annuity is funded with low-yielding assets
- A portion of the payments you receive may be tax-free
- Donors might receive a capital gains tax advantage if the annuity is funded with long-term appreciated assets
- The security of fixed payments can be directed to you or to a loved one, such as a parent, sibling or child
- Best of all, the residuum will be used for the long-term benefit of our community
Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired and Silicon Valley Community Foundation provide several options to help charitably minded individuals receive income during their lives. To learn how a gift annuity might work for you, contact Jennifer Sachs at 415-694-7333 or email email@example.com.