INDEPENDENT LIVING SERVICES COORDINATOR
The Independent Living Services Coordinator (Branch Office) is a full time position located at our branch office in Daly City. The ILSC (Branch Office) is a generalist and works with the Branch Outreach Specialist to provide services at the branch office.
This position (40 hours per week) pays $14 an hour and included full benefits. The Independent Living Services Coordinator works under the supervision of the Executive Director.
1. Work cooperatively with CID staff in providing independent living services to disabled consumers in the Branch Officer Service Area.
2. Conduct intakes and assessments of consumers seeking independent living services.
3. Provide independent living core services to persons with disabilities.
4. Assist in researching and developing on-going, up-to-date community resources covering subjects for all disabilities in the Branch Office Service Area.
5. Provide information to consumers and service providers on community resources related to the disabled.
6. Provide outreach to geographically isolated communities in the Branch Office Service Area.
7. Assist with Branch Office statistical reporting.
8. Assist in outreach to community and human service agencies in the Branch Office Service Area.
9. Provides Advocacy and systems change services.
10. Participate in other activities as required by the Executive Director.
Associate’s Degree or the equivalent of two years of college. Relevant work experience in human services agency may be substituted for some college.
One year of full time experience working with people with disabilities in a teaching, training, and/or counseling capacity. Experience working in an independent living center preferred.
Sensitivity to the problems and potentials of people with disabilities and ability to explore their needs. Excellent organizational, verbal and written skills. Second languages
THE CENTER FOR INDEPENDENCE OF THE DISABLED (CID) IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
CID WILL PROVIDE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IN CONFORMANCE WITH
ADA 504 GUIDELINES.
Send resume and cover letter to Kent Mickelson, Executive Director, CID 1515 S. El Camino Real, San Mateo, Ca 94402 or call (650) 645-1780 for more information. The position will be open until filled.