All students, customers, visitors and staff are required to wear a mask at all of our sites.
Do you love someone who is blind or has low vision? Are you at a loss for what to do now? Concerned about their ability to continue living happily and independently? Wondering how they will get around, cook, live alone, and meet their own needs? Unsure of what services exist to support them? Then the LightHouse for the Blind of San Francisco would like to invite you to “Building a Partnership.” In this seminar we will discuss the many ways you can support your loved one throughout their blindness journey. This seminar will take place on Thursday, May 19 on Zoom from 5:30 to 8:00 pm.
Who is this seminar for?
- Anybody who is in a close relationship with a current LightHouse student over the age of 18. Close relationships include partners, children, parents, siblings and friends.
- People comfortable learning in a group setting
- People willing to actively participate in the seminar
- Those who can commit to attend the seminar in full
- Anybody who can access the Zoom platform
What Will You Do?:
- Learn about LightHouse’s history, mission and clientele
- Establish appropriate expectations about your loved one’s abilities
- Learn how positively adjusting expectations can impact your partnership
- Learn about what your loved one, service providers, and yourself can take responsibility for along the student’s journey of learning
- Understand the various training areas within blindness services (orientation and mobility, access technology, independent living skills, Braille, etc.)
- Meet other people who love a person who is blind or has low vision
- Share your story of supporting your loved one
- Ask questions about blindness, LightHouse services, and any other related topics
- Walk away with a list of resources
To RSVP, send an email to Debbie Bacon: DBacon@lightHouse-sf.org