LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired announces the addition of Dr. Connie Conley-Jung, a licensed clinical psychologist and former special education teacher to our staff. Dr. Conley-Jung has over 20 years of experience serving children, adolescents and adults seeking support and assistance with a wide range of psychological, relationship, school, or employment-related issues. Her lifelong experience as a visually impaired person, in addition to her professional experience in educational and community nonprofit settings, enables Dr. Conley-Jung to share with all of us her extensive clinical expertise and knowledge of resources. Dr. Conley-Jung looks forward to helping LightHouse clients of all ages achieve their goals and sustain an improved quality of life and overall wellbeing.
Dr. Conley-Jung accepts private insurance, Medicare, Alameda County Medi-Cal, UnitedHealthCare Military and Veterans (formerly TriCare), Victims of Crime, private pay, and Department of Rehabilitation referrals.
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact Dr. Conley-Jung at 415-694-7307 or email@example.com.
The Counseling and Psychological Services program at the LightHouse can help to:
- support healthy adjustment to blindness and visual impairment across the lifespan
- encourage greater social participation within and outside the blindness/visually impaired community
- remove potential barriers to academic success, gainful employment and job retention
- promote a healthier, more active lifestyle
- expand and strengthen social, professional and familial support systems
- improve self-esteem and confidence.
Clinical Services may include:
- Periodic and ongoing workshops and support groups to address specific aspects of mental health and wellbeing
- Individual peer counseling and psychotherapy
- Life coaching for developmental life cycle transitions and adjustments
- Resource referrals to internal and external community services and organizations
- Assistance with navigating different and oftentimes multiple service systems (medical, financial, educational, occupational, human services, etc.)