Do you have a special skill you’d like to share, while enjoying time spent in the beautiful outdoors? Would you like to teach a sport or an art class or take a group of campers out hiking? Enchanted Hills Camp is looking for volunteers for this summer’s camp sessions.
Enchanted Hills Camp volunteers bring their already acquired skills to camp to help staff create an enriching and vital camp experience, while maintaining a fun, supportive, and safe environment.
Each summer we utilize over 50 volunteers to assist in these areas and more:
- Arts and Crafts: ceramics, painting, jewelry, and weaving
- Nature/Science: hiking, ecology, Native American history, gardening
- Sports and recreation: archery, goalball, soccer, beep baseball, bowling, boating, yoga, horseback riding and swimming
- Enrichment: acting, dance, music and journalism
- Staff assistance: cooking, office work, maintenance, driving, and reception work
If you’ve got a skill or two to share, are a team player and enjoy working and living in the community atmosphere of camp, this volunteer opportunity is for you. You can also go to Camper Van Finder to rent you own camper. You’ll need to be able to work a 12-hour day and travel independently. You’ll be asked to demonstrate emotional maturity, sensitivity to blindness and the ability to accept people as they are. Most of all, you must share the desire of the LightHouse to promote the independence, equality and self-reliance of people who are blind or visually impaired.
For more information contact Director Tony Fletcher at 415-694-7319 or firstname.lastname@example.org.