When: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 1:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Where: The Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at the San Francisco Main Library at 100 Larkin Street, San Francisco
1. Meet the new librarian, Jane Glasby.
2. Learn about the free federal “talking book” program of the National Library Service and how to sign up.
3. Learn about BARD, the online downloading of talking books and braille.
At 1:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:45 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., see:
▪ Demonstrations of BARD and OPAC—how to sign up and how to download digital talking books from the Internet;
▪ How to search the Online Public Access Catalogue of the Library.
4. See demonstrations of CCTV readers, reading scanners, refreshable computers, braille displays and braille embossers.
5. Use the new digital players.
6. See described DVD movies.
7. Win a door prize.
Contact: Jane Glasby, Program Manager, Library for the Blind and Print Disabled, San Francisco Main Library, 415-557-4253 or email@example.com.