STOP AIDS Project works to prevent the spread of HIV among gay, bisexual and transgender men in San Francisco through multicultural and collaborative community-based organizing.
Since its inception in 1984, STOP AIDS Project has been locally and internationally recognized as a successful model of progressive grassroots HIV prevention and peer-to-peer education. We continually update our programs and stay at the cutting-edge of effective HIV prevention by recognizing and addressing the community’s evolving relationship with the constantly changing epidemic. Educating the community about HIV is at the foundation of STOP AIDS’ mission; we believe that it is only as an educated community that we have the capacity to make the best choices for our collective health and well-being.
STOP AIDS Project is a nonprofit, multicultural, collaborative, community organizing project for gay, bisexual, and transgender men in San Francisco which seeks to reduce HIV transmission and lessen the adverse effects of the HIV epidem ic on the community. We do this by providing street outreach, forums/workshops, community-building activities, structural interventions, public policy advocacy, referral services, condoms, public education campaigns and support/education for HIV+ men.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Our Love Program Manager develops, implements, and coordinates HIV prevention services and activities for African American men who have sex with men (MSM) in San Francisco .
· Design and implement HIV prevention services and activities targeting African American MSM. These services and activities are grouped under three broad rubrics: community building, STD/HIV testing, and social marketing.
· Identify and recruit community/business partners to develop a multi-purpose community/social space for African American MSM.
· Research and conduct interviews with Key Opinion Leaders to identify HIV prevention-related concerns and interests for African American MSM.
· Coordinate and assist the Deputy Director in the development and production of media targeting the African American community.
· Develop strong collaborative relationships with agencies and public policy makers targeting the same population.
· Collaborate with STOP AIDS’ Positive Force program staff to provide support and connection to services for HIV+ African American MSM, including providing support for the annual PLUS Seminar for newly-diagnosed HIV+ African American MSM.
· Serve on Management Te am as required.
· Work closely with Education Director to evaluate program process and outcome objectives.
· Represent the agency at HIV prevention forums and conferences, and participate in efforts to establish possible future collaborations.
· Produce accurate and timely reports to fulfill contract obligations.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2 years experience in community organizing and/or public health experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Familiarity with the issues affecting gay, bisexual, and transgender men in San Francisco .
· Extensive knowledge of the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
· Extensive knowledge of and experience working with African American MSM.
· Experience working with communities of color.
· Experience with program design and delivery, and working with advisory councils.
· Proven ability to build coalitions and collaborations.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural setting.
· Excellent communication skills, written and oral, and computer literacy.
· Experience working with volunteers.
· Prior experience working on social change or social justice issues preferred.
This is a regular, full-time, exempt position and requires consistent evening and some weekend work.
· STOP AIDS Project offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
· STOP AIDS Project provides a casual, yet professional, work environment.
· STOP AIDS Project is a sex positive agency and applicants should be comfortable with sexually and medically explicit material and language.
STOP AIDS Project is an equal opportunity employer; LGBT, HIV+, and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please send your cover letter and resume to:
David Mould, Operations Manager, email@example.com.
For additional information on STOP AIDS Project, please visit our website: www.stopaids.org