POSITION: Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payable, some Accounts Receivable and also cash receipts in the LightHouse Finance Department. Assists with month-end closing procedures and related work as required.
Education or equivalent: Accounting degree preferred, although comparable experience will be considered.
Experience: A minimum of two years working with AP / AR / Cash Receipts desired. Financial Edge experience very helpful.
Other: Ability to work independently, and with others in a team. Strong interpersonal skills essential, to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers and contacts. Knowledge of current accounting principles and practices required. Skill with the MS Office Suite of programs, particularly Excel, is vital.
- Understands Accounts Payable (AP) and Cash Receipts (CR) policies and procedures.
- Carries out the duties of the AP and CR positions by computing, classifying, recording and verifying source data utilizing project code.
- Performs accounting functions in support of other departments as they relate to the maintenance of AP & CR.
- Analyzes AP expense accounts coding.
- Maintains all AP vendor files and CR documents.
- Maintains Payable Accounts and Cash Receipts account schedules.
- Handles daily petty cash disbursements.
- Assists with departmental filing system and periodic archiving.
- Assists outside auditors during the annual certified audit.
- Prepares year-end 1099 forms.
- Cross-trains and supports Accounts Receivable function as time allows.
Able to sit at a desk and perform computer-intensive work for long periods of time; operate standard office equipment; move 10lbs independently.
Equal opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation. We have an “employment at will” policy.
Please submit your cover letter and / or résumé as Word attachments (no .PDF please), to email@example.com; include the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles at this time. Due to time constraints we may not be able to respond to everyone who expresses interest; thank you.