JOB PURPOSE: Consistently represent LightHouse in a professional, friendly, calm and courteous manner in all public interactions, via telephone and in-person exchanges involving staff and visitors alike. This is primarily done by answering, correctly identifying and directing incoming telephone calls; also greeting, directing and logging LightHouse visitors and volunteers. This position is also primary in administering the needs and requirements of the Taxi Voucher program and its client base according to program, budgetary and grant guidelines. This 25-hours weekly position may sometimes require flexibility.
Experience: One year experience using multi-line telephone system preferred.
Skills: Excellent attendance and punctuality required. Good written and oral English skills; bilingual or multilingual ability a plus. Experience in using a computer to perform administrative tasks. Proficiency in MS Office Suite – primarily Word, Outlook and Excel. Ability to lift or otherwise transport 25lbs.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Other: Courteous, friendly, and professional telephone manner. Able to manage a busy front desk area with calm professionalism. Knowledge of and ability to perform common reception and clerical duties. The Receptionist administers and coordinates the Agency’s Taxi Voucher program(s). As time allows Reception provides clerical support to others.
- Answering incoming calls professionally and transferring to appropriate extensions.
- Monitoring the front door, greeting visitors in a consistently warm and professional manner and announcing them to staff as needed.
- Liaising with the Information & Referral department to dispense accurate information as directed.
- Maintaining and updating the Staff Directory and all Sign-in sheets.
- Directing visitors to their destination within the building.
- Maintaining calendars for daily room reservations, appointments and equipment usage .
- Calling taxis and other transportation services (such as Paratransit) as requested.
- Administering and reporting on Taxi Voucher program requirements as directed by funders, their grants, and LightHouse management.
- Being familiar with Officer of the Day and Manager of the Day schedules, so as to escalate matters appropriately when needed.
- Accepting and logging packages, and informing staff of same.
- Alerting the Facilities Director to chronic safety or health hazards.
- Proactively coordinate Reception and taxi voucher duties with other Reception staff and relief personnel.
- Train and supervise relief staff in accordance with program guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
Please submit cover letter and / or résumé as Word attachments (no PDFs, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles at this time; thank you.