POSITION: Director of Finance
REPORTS TO: Executive Director / CEO
WC CLASS: Clerical
This hands-on position oversees all aspects of the Finance Department, including monitoring of the Agency’s cash assets, monthly preparation of the 3 and 18 month cash-flow projections, producing monthly financial reports, preparing for an annual audit, and overseeing various Agency general business matters. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and works closely with the Chief Operating Officer as well as the Board of Directors’ Finance Committee. This position collaborates with others to develop annual operating and capital budgets, and is responsible for drafting the consolidated annual Agency budget – which is then presented to the Finance Committee and the Board of Directors as a whole.
Education or equivalent: A B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited institution, in Accounting or a related field.
Experience: Five years’ experience in a Director-level capacity preferred. Non-profit and public accounting experience helpful. Audit management desired. Previous staff supervision a plus. Cash management, investment, budgeting, payroll and financial planning experience are all essential to this position. High-level proficiency with Blackbaud products is greatly desired.
Other: Able to manage a variety of areas simultaneously. Must be proactive, organized, collaborative and hands-on. Able to work and communicate with a variety of internal and external customers. Strong Microsoft Suite skills essential, especially Excel. ADP payroll experience a definite plus. Familiarity with room & board tax issues helpful.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer to formulate budgets, manage Agency assets, and forecast needs.
- Supervise staff overseeing Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable, and Senior Accountant functions;
- Work with other Directors or designated managers to formulate departmental budgets and ultimately, the annual operating budget;
- Review and update accounting policies and procedures for internal control purposes;
- Administer retirement plan and monitor same for ERISA compliance and form filing;
- Comply with various state, federal and grantor monitoring requirements;
- Attend and contribute to weekly meetings of Agency Directors;
- Attend quarterly Board of Director meetings, and separate Finance or Audit Committee meetings as requested;
- Other duties may also be assigned.
- Handle government / private grant / contract fiscal management and billing;
- File quarterly sales tax returns;
- Assist in semi-monthly payroll process, and record all payroll-related transactions in accounting system as needed;
- Reconcile insurance billing, and record all accounting-related transactions;
- Prepare monthly close and financial statement analyses;
- Liaise with audit firm(s) for the Agency’s annual independent audit;
- Prepare and file state and Internal Revenue documents, such as 990s;
Equal opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
All employees at LightHouse are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently, no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments, to email@example.com; thank you.