JOB PURPOSE: The Adaptations Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service during walk-in, phone, electronic and mail order sales; The Sales associate also assists during inventory management, new product identification, vendor relations, sales reporting, marketing strategies development, and supervision of volunteer assistants. This is a part-time position.
AGENCY EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEES:
As employees, we should:
- Read, understand, and adhere to all Agency policies and procedures.
- Conduct ourselves in a professional manner on and off the job, knowing that we are representatives of LightHouse.
- Perform all job responsibilities.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward everyone.
- Communicate regularly and appropriately with our supervisors, and colleagues within our own departments.
- Demonstrate efficient time management and the ability to prioritize our assignments.
- Consistently report to work on time, and be ready to begin performing our assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Work productively.
- Continue to learn and communicate a blindness-positive philosophy based on best current practices in the field.
Education or equivalent: Business and/or superior math skills required. Some college helpful.
Experience: Two years retail experience preferred.
Other: Must be knowledgeable in adaptive technology for the visually impaired including: screen readers, screen magnification, video magnifiers, portable note taking devices, accessible cell phones, optical character recognition, etc.
Friendly, cooperative and trustworthy; at ease with the public. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to read and speak English fluently. Computer literate and able to work with the MS suite (particularly Excel, Word, Outlook). Familiarity with iPad and other Apple products, is also helpful.
Experience working with individuals who are visually impaired in the areas of teaching and computer training is preferred, but not required.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
- Aid customers in locating merchandise.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Process mail, online, and purchase orders.
- Use and balance cash register, and provide reports to Finance Department as required.
- Provide information regarding additional resources for products to customers.
- Provide product ideas to Management.
- Conduct bi-annual inventory of merchandise.
- Maintain daily bookkeeping for sales.
- Supervise and train volunteers and staff assistants.
- Correspond with manufacturers concerning defective products for proper credit.
- Plan and conduct product demonstrations and special events as needed/requested.
- Coordinate and implement outreach visits to resource fairs, support groups, etc. as needed/requested.
- Actively researches and reads about new high and low-tech products and works to incorporate them into a growing store inventory.
- Actively finds ways to order products directly from manufacturers to affect cost savings for the LightHouse and its consumers.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
Equal opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
All employees at LightHouse are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently, no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments, to firstname.lastname@example.org; thank you.