SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Database Administrator will support day-to-day operations within the LightHouse Salesforce database, and contribute to its ongoing development. We are now in our third year of a customized programs-based Salesforce deployment with 60+ staff users. The successful candidate will have experience providing excellent user/customer support and working collaboratively to improve processes and adoption of Salesforce at the LightHouse. The Administrator will respond to support requests, manage accounts, provide training on the system and generate reports. The Administrator will work closely with the Database Manager to ensure smooth day-to-day operations, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As employees, we should:
- Handle basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, report requests, support cases and other routine tasks
- Assist in training of new users and growing the Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Develop, update and maintain support documentation and tools for training
- Support weekly backups
- Handle monthly reconciliation of service invoicing with the Finance department
- Work closely with the Database Manager and other staff to evaluate, scope and complete requests for new processes and workflows
- Work with the Database Manager and internal teams to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
Education or Equivalent: Associates or Bachelor’s Degree with concentrations in Computer Science or Information Systems.
Experience: Two years’ experience as a Salesforce administrator; a background in nonprofits desirable
- Strong understanding of Salesforce’s best practices and functionality
- Strong data management abilities
- Demonstrated skills with Excel and experience with other database systems a plus
- Familiarity and/or experience with screenreader/magnification software a plus
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Willingness and ability to independently research solutions, learn new skills and stay abreast of Salesforce updates and changes
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must be extremely organized, professional, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, patience and the ability to relate to a diverse staff
- Must have a desire to work with colleagues and collaborate around finding solutions to problems
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an equal opportunity employer. LightHouse personnel are employed on an at-will basis. We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace.at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no .PDFs please), to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest. Thank you for your understanding.