POSITION: Employment Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director, Employment Immersion
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
The Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually impaired is seeking an Employment Specialist, (ES), for our Employment Immersion Program. The Lighthouse is seeking a full-time individual to collaborate with the Employment Immersion Team. The primary purpose of this job is to work with Employment Immersion students participating in two key phases of the Program: Job Preparation and Job Development.
Under the direct supervision of the Employment Immersion Director, the Employment Specialist will assist students to secure employment through the implementation of the established Program Curriculum.
Role Overview: (main duties)
The LightHouse welcomes nontraditional applicants and applicants with diverse backgrounds and experience.
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Employment Immersion, the Employment Specialist will assist students to secure employment through implementation of the established Program Curriculum.
Other Job Duties:
- Assist students in crafting resumes: Collect data pertaining to employment/volunteer experience, skills/transferrable skills, education, etc. in template format for student use
- Instruct and guide the student in job search techniques: Job Boards (Private and Government), Hidden Job Market and Networking (including assistance with creating LinkedIn profiles, when indicated)
- Assist with on-line applications and exams
- Instruct student in techniques for creating cover letters
- Instruct student in techniques of tailoring resumes and cover letters to meet the needs of prospective employers using Position Descriptions of jobs to which they are applying
- Participate in role-play activities with Team member and student to hone student interview skills
- Record student activity in a database for use in creating Progress Reports
- Act as main or “back-up” to Job Group Facilitator, when required
- Confer and collaborate with management and members of the team, Lighthouse staff and DOR Counselors to ensure superior student experience
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant work experience
- Experience working as an Employment Specialist/Job Developer in the disabled community a plus
- Knowledge of the employment process a plus
- Familiarization with ADA requirements a plus
- Familiarity with Accessible Technology software a plus
- Extremely important to be a leader and instructor in areas that allow for the development, education, and preparation of blind or visually impaired students to gain employment
Be able to lead classroom training in the preparation of cover letters, resumes as well as conducting training on how to interview effectively.
The LightHouse offers a rich package of benefits, including medical, vision and dental insurance. Employees are eligible for an employer-matched 401(k) plan and subsidized health club membership, among many other perks.
Depending on Experience; industry competitive
How to Apply:
After reviewing the complete Job Description please apply by going to our career page on our website.
Please complete the application there as well as a cover letter and résumé as word processing document attachments (no PDFs please).
Please submit to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints, we will only respond to complete submissions. Thanks for your understanding.