LightHouse offices are closed for in-person services through July 1, 2021. Check the calendar below for our offering of online classes.
Cup of Cardio: Virtual Morning Workout w/ Amber
Start your morning with an invigorating workout that gets your heart rate pumping, strengthens your body, and keeps you fit and fierce. Get ready for jumping jacks, push-ups, squats, and more. If you want to sweat, this is the class for you! All activity levels are welcome (you gotta start somewhere). You will get the most out of this class if you commit and make it a part of your daily routine. Are you ready? Let's do this!
Email Amber at ASherrard@lighthouse-sf.org for the Zoom and call-in details.
Employment Immersion September Virtual Workshop
September's workshop runs weekdays from September 8 through October 2.
There IS a job market! Job seekers who are blind and have low vision are in demand to work remotely. Let LightHouse support you on your pathway to employment in these challenging times.
Our award-winning Employment Immersion program is now available virtually. Now is the time to join us via the Zoom conferencing platform. The program begins the first Monday of every month and runs each weekday. This comprehensive month-long training is specifically designed for people who are blind and have low vision. We are committed to providing group and individual guidance from the fundamentals of job search, to the complexities of disclosure of one’s disability with pride and confidence, to instruction on job search techniques, to honing interview skills. Most importantly, this program focuses on the participant’s individual job goals.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact the team through email: EIteam@lighthouse-sf.org.
Yoga: Alignment Flow - Online Class
Yoga: Alignment Flow, Mondays 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
LightHouse yoga instructor Kimm Ropicky knows that now, more than ever, it’s vital to our health and wellbeing to get some movement into our lives. Kimm is extending her online class offerings via her private practice to the LightHouse community per the following instructions. Some knowledge of yoga is helpful, though not necessary. Joining the Zoom meeting with your video enabled allows Kimm to provide more detailed feedback, particularly in the event you ask for clarification.
What You Need to Know:
• Be Early--Please join the class 10-15 minutes prior to allow time to resolve technical issues.
• Duration--All classes are 60 minutes in length.
• Donations--Class is donation-based. Please pay what you can. No one will be turned away for a lack of funds. Recommended donations $10-$20. Please consider showing your support via one of these platforms: Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=31997465
A password Required--In order to create a safe space for connection with our community, a password for each meeting is required. To obtain, please do either of the following: Email: Kimmropickyyoga@gmail.com or Follow/DM on Instagram: @yogawithkimm
• Registration will end one hour prior to class. Any messages up to an hour before class will receive response after class.
• Consult your Doctor--Please consult with your doctor before practicing, to be mindful of any conditions you may have and how this practice may impact you.
• Class Description--Yoga: Alignment Flow Monday's and Friday's from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. This class is recommended for beginners.
• Props strongly recommended: 2 Blocks or 1 chair, a strap or a hand towel and a blanket (like a throw blanket) and 1-2 balls, like tennis balls or lacrosse balls.
• To join please click Meeting URL and enter password obtained by pre-registering.
The Business of Blindness Phone Chat: Make Coffee and Call Mike Cole
What does it really mean to be blind or low vision? Mike Cole, a veteran of all things blindness, will lead this call-in forum to discuss the many day-to-day ins-and-outs of blindness—from daily living in your home environment to navigating the vast expanse of bureaucracies. There's always a lively crowd sharing their own experiences, so make a cup of coffee (or tea), sit in your favorite chair and call in to chat the business of blindness.
For more information including dial in details, contact Serena Olsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-694-7316.
The events for the upcoming week are read aloud on our event hotline every Friday, which can be accessed by calling (415)694-7325.
For more information about visiting the Adaptations Store, head to our shop page.
The LightHouse is scent-free. Please abstain from wearing colognes, perfumes, or other scented products. Additionally, coffee must be securely lidded at all times and citrus should not be peeled on the premises. Thanks for supporting our efforts to respect chemical sensitivities.