Nov 4 –
Youth Employment Services (YES) Leap into Success Now! Opening the Door to Adult Life
When: Wednesday, November 4 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Calling all middle and high school youth who are blind or have low vision and their families. Have you wondered what comes next after high school? Where can you get the accessible training and equipment for work, college, or essential living skills? Well wonder no more and attend a presentation from Disability Rights California (DRC) and the California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) on how to get a head start on your future and build on your strengths. You can also learn about programs that may be available in collaboration with Department of Rehabilitation for your journey to adult life. There will be time after the presentation to speak with knowledgeable LightHouse staff and blind and low vision mentors regarding your individual situation.
This is a unique opportunity to get all your questions from DOR and DRC answered including:
- What services does DOR provide to students?
- What is the DOR, Workability, and College2Career?
- Am I eligible to sign up with the DOR?
- What types of supports, equipment, and trainings can the DOR provide for me?
- What are my rights and responsibilities when working with different agencies such as the DOR, my school, or college?
- If I am interested in signing up, how can I get started?
If you have any questions or would like to join us for the presentation, please contact Ann Wai-Yee Kwong, Transition Program Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone or text at 415-484-8377.
NOTE, RSVPs will need to be confirmed by Monday, November 2, and Zoom information will be distributed the morning of the presentation.