Adaptations is the only place in Northern California with a comprehensive offering of tools, technology, and other solutions for blind and visually impaired people.
The store is located at our San Francisco headquarters at 1155 Market Street, on the 10th floor.
Store hours are Monday through Friday, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We are also open on the second Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The store is both a place to shop and get hands-on feedback and resources for adaptations of all types. Our knowledgeable staff will guide and help you find the best assistive technology to fit each customer’s unique visual needs.
At Adaptations we use LightSpeed point of sale technology, which is accessible and allows blind and visually impaired store staff to easily ring up your purchases. In order to provide enhanced one-on-one customer service we emphasize in-person customer experience.
Although we do not take online orders at the current time, we encourage you to call our staff at 1-888-400-8933 to inquire about item pick up or mail orders or email our store staff at email@example.com.
Popular store items include:
- Victor Reader Stream
- Aftershokz ears-free bone conduction headsets
- Tactile keyboard overlays
Apple User Guides in Braille
- OSX for Mac
- iOS for iPhone and iPad
- tvOS for Apple TV
- Swift Playgrounds Tactile Puzzle Worlds (in Braille or Large Print + Braille)
- Watch OS for Apple Watch
- iOS for HomePod
- Folding, telescoping or straight canes
- All cane tips from roller, to pencil, to metal tips
- Handheld magnifiers with an LED light of all powers
- Pocket magnifiers with or without a light of all powers
- Dome shaped magnifiers
- Video magnifiers (also known as portable CCTV’s)
- Bump dots, locator dots, large print computer labels
- Dymo tape-magnetic and clear
- Slate and stylus
- 20/20 pens
- Bold lined pens
- Signature guides
Talking and braille watches/clocks
- Large wall clocks
- Talking clocks and alarms
- Talking, braille, and large print watches
- Vibrating-tactile clock
- Braille and large print card games
- Accessible board games (chess, Monopoly, etc)
- Large print/braille bingo
- Ott-light full spectrum task lamps or floor lamps
Large Print Items
- Address Books
- Check register books