Jan 11 –
Join us Friday January 11, when the LightHouse Rehabilitation Department, in partnership with Employment Immersion, will host a new class, “Putting Your Best Face Forward: Using Makeup to Enhance Your Professional Appearance”. LightHouse Independent Living Skills Specialists, Bobbi Pompey and Dawn Leeflang, along with Kate Williams, Manager of Employment Immersion, and beauty industry professionals from Benefit Cosmetics will guide students through using simple techniques to apply make-up for wearing to work!
What will you learn?
- Proper techniques for applying foundation, eye color, lip color, and for removing make-up
- Methods for labeling and organizing your beauty products
- Tips on how to purchase and research beauty products and learn new techniques as a person with blindness or low vision
Things to Know:
- Please arrive with a clean face free of make-up
- Bring any products, brushes, mirrors, or tools that you are currently using and feel comfortable bringing with you (this is not required)
- All gender identities are welcome
- Light refreshments will be served
- Submit any questions in advance if possible
- There will be plenty of beauty related giveaways and prizes!
The class will be held at the LightHouse Headquarters, 1155 Market Street in San Francisco, on the 10th floor. To ensure effective student-to-instructor ratio, attendance is limited and RSVPs are required.
To ensure an effective student-to-instructor ratio, attendance is limited and RSVPs are required.
The cost of the class is $45 which includes instruction and some makeup supplies from Benefit Cosmetics in the shade just right for you! Limited scholarship funding may be available for working students age 55+ in the of San Francisco, Alameda, San Mateo, Contra Costa or Marin. Private pay and third-party payments are accepted.
Please register or send questions to Bobbi Pompey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-694-7613.