All students, customers, visitors and staff are required to wear a mask indoors in gatherings of 25 people or more, or if asked to do so in someone's personal space at all our sites.
Our immersive Changing Vision Changing Life program is back and it's been adapted for virtual two-week training course on Zoom. If you are new to blindness or having low vision and over the age of 55 you may be interested in our blindness skills training program.
What: Changing Vision, Changing Life
Who: Students 55 and over who are new to blindness or have low vision and desire a deep introduction to independent living through orientation & mobility, access technology, and independent living skills.
When: Weekdays, December 7 through December 18 with the following daily schedule
- Mondays: 9:30 am to 11:30 am & 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Tuesdays: 9:30 am to 11:30 am, 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm & 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- Wednesdays: 9:30 am to 11:30 am, 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm & 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- Thursdays: 9:30 am to 11:30 am 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm & 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- Friday: 9:30 am to 11:30 am & 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Cost: There is no instructional fee for this two-week course for those living in the counties of: San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Humboldt, Del Norte and Trinity. There is a material cost of $40 per person as each student will receive a box of equipment to learn with throughout the two weeks which they will then keep.
The evening sessions will be a time for discussion and deeper connection with peers.
This course is for you if you wish to make a commitment to learn more about developing skills and choices to move forward as you leap into 2021. Please note, that all students must be able to make a commitment to all sessions throughout the two weeks. You do not have to have a computer to participate via Zoom, but you will need to have a reliable speaker phone (smart phone or landline) to participate and call in.
Registration is required by Monday, November 16 and limited to 12 students.
- If you live in the Bay Area, contact Debbie Bacon at DBacon@lighthouse-sf.org or 415-694-7357.
- if you live in Humboldt, Trinity or Del Norte counties contact Janet Pomerantz at JPomerantz@lighthouse-sf.org or 707-268-5646.