POSITION: Plant Production Mechanic
REPORTS TO: Manager, LightHouse Industries
LightHouse Industries is looking for a Plant Production Mechanic (first shift) to assist with production in our San Leandro warehouse location. A division of LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, we have an ongoing paper manufacturing concern in the East Bay, operating within the Sirkin Center.
This position is responsible for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair on all plant machinery and equipment to sustain production at high efficiency levels.
Education or equivalent: High school graduate or GED; trade or technical school certification preferred.
Experience: A minimum of a year working on a high-speed production line. A background in paper converting and / or packaging A+++; PLC, mechanical & high-speed equipment experience A+. Minimum three (3) years of production equipment maintenance experience, preferably in packaging or paper converting environment. Hydraulic and pneumatic systems knowledge. Experience with software interface tools for PLCs and software preferred. Skilled in electrical power/controls, mechanical and fluid handling systems. Forklift experience. Electrical troubleshooting on 480 volts and 3 phase equipment.
Other: Able to understand blueprints, diagrams and ladder logic programs. Proficient using hand, power, shop and diagnostic tools. Basic computer skills are a plus, particularly using Microsoft Office Suite and database programs.
Carry or transport 20lbs; sit at a desk and perform computer-intensive work for long periods of time; operate standard office equipment; travel independently.
- Maintain equipment including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems.
- Accurately record project activities and prepares appropriate operating standards and/or maintenance procedures for all equipment and processes.
- Maintain cleanliness of maintenance equipment & shop area.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of maintenance supplies & spare parts.
- Establish and maintain communication with appropriate equipment vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to do building facility maintenance & repair as needed or instructed.
- Self-starter, ability to work without constant supervision.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an equal opportunity employer to all. We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace. We also operate under a mutual “employment at will” policy.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no .PDFs please), to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest; thanks for your understanding.