POSITION: Facilities Maintenance Manager (FMM)
REPORTS TO: Site Manager at Enchanted Hills Camp
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind in Napa, California is looking for a proven and experienced Maintenance Manager (MM) to Live On-Site (300 Acres) free-of-charge, to fill a valued role in our growing organization. The MM will be a hands-on manager and be able to manage a staff and prioritize their schedule and daily tasks and verifying the completion of all their work and repairs. The MM manages the overall facilities maintenance, janitorial, landscaping, animal care etc., ensuring a well maintained and safe property, contributing to the success of the business. The individual will be involved in hiring, training, and motivating their staff. If the following job responsibilities and qualifications are your strengths, we urge you to apply and check out this opportunity.
Diversity and Inclusion: LightHouse intentionally and actively works to minimize barriers to employment faced by many marginalized groups. As a result, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and abilities, including but not limited to applicants who possess various disabilities, racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identities, and ages.
- 3-5 years of documented role of a successful Facilities or Maintenance Manager
- Trade school diploma (Preferred but not required)\\
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects and or ability to work on and resolve issues of electrical, HVAC and Mechanical Systems, Plumbing, Carpentry, Building Repairs, Pool Maintenance, Animal Care, etc.
- 3-5 years Supervision experience with staff and successful experience dealing with vendors, contractors, customers/ clients.
- CPO (Pool) certificate or ability to Complete within 1 year. (Registration to be paid by EHC.)
- Willing to obtain Class B driver’s license with passenger endorsement within 1 year. (Registration to be paid by EHC.) (Is a Plus)
- EPA Certification, Type I & II. (Is a Plus)
Job Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Proven experience Maintenance Manager
- Solid knowledge of building maintenance, electrical, painting, plumbing, HVAC, Mechanical, Landscape, General Carpentry, Animal Care.
- Must be available to facilitate emergency service after hours, and weekends.
- Experience in emergency management as well as fire and life safety protocols.
- Responsible for facilitation of all regulatory inspections and reporting – city, county, state and federal.
- Maintaining the chemicals and cleanliness of the Pool.
- Administrative payroll, scheduling and time management, all aspects of record keeping & performance management.
- Ability to understand oral and written communication.
- Ability to read and understand chemical and/or cleaning product label instructions.
- Direct and supervise the daily activities of the property service team.
- Ensure the implementation and accuracy of the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Plan and coordinate all maintenance activities in the facility including analyzing equipment needs, reliability issues, developing preventive/predictive maintenance programs
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders with site manager.
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Planning, Organizing, Prioritizing, Analyzing Situations, Accountability.
- Attention to Details and follow up Skills
- Producing Results, Quality Assurance, Problem Solver, Excellent Analytical Skills, Reliable, Integrity, Eye for the details.
- Loves working with animals and livestock.
Physical stamina and the ability to work outdoors for long periods of time both indoors and outdoors during sunny, hot, and possibly during rainy conditions. Requires the ability to lift and carry groundskeeping supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis, prolonged walking or standing, and frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, and reaching daily. Requires a full range of physical motion to operate manual, electrically powered and/or gasoline-powered groundskeeping equipment and machines. Requires the ability to access facilities and areas which may only be accessible by climbing stairs or by climbing ladders to a height of 20 feet (e.g., for tree trimming). Must be able to move throughout assigned areas, as the work is performed primarily out-of-doors, year-round.
The Maintenance Manager will be expected to follow directions from state, local government, and public health officials regarding the wearing of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). As a result, this job may be required to be performed using a mask and gloves for the protection of this employee, the EHC maintenance staff, and all LightHouse employees. The Facilities Maintenance Manager will ensure that all members of the maintenance staff are always wearing PPE during their workday.
Who We Are:
LightHouse has an audacious mission – to transform the lives of the 40,000-blind people in the greater Bay Area and beyond. We do this through tech design, disability advocacy, consultation, classes and community formation in San Francisco, our four satellite offices and Enchanted Hills Camp in Napa. We are a fun, fascinating, widely diverse, warm and friendly community. We work in downtown San Francisco in a 40,000 square foot state-of-the-art workspace renowned for its universal design, steps from Civic Center BART. LightHouse is working for nothing less than to change the future for blind people and the wider community.
Within a five-minute walk are the world headquarters for Twitter, Uber, Dolby, Zendesk and many other tech giants. Within three blocks are all the principal building for Northern California’s federal, state, and local government. Also in our neighborhood are many theaters, San Francisco Symphony and Opera, the Asian Art Museum, and dozens of other key cultural anchors of the entire Bay Area.
The successful candidate will join a unique organization in which blind and sighted professionals work together at every level. Our governing Board of Directors, management and staff are all composed of roughly equal numbers of blind and sighted people, a parity unprecedented in our field.
Founded in 1902, LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired provides skills, resources and community for the advancement of all individuals who are blind or have low vision. Our innovative programs have been featured in 60 Minutes, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and beyond. The blind community comes to LightHouse to learn how to travel independently with a white cane, rejoin the workforce, use accessible technology, and meet a community of mentors and peers. From unique tactile maps to an unparalleled camp for blind campers, to a world prize for blind ambition, LightHouse offers programs unavailable elsewhere.
LightHouse offers a rich package of benefits, including medical, vision and dental insurance. Employees are eligible for an employer-matched 401(k) plan and subsidized health club membership, among many other perks.
Learn About Us:
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired
1155 Market Street, 10th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
Compensation: $50K-$55K Depending on your Qualifications and Experience (Other benefits are Free Housing)
How to Apply:
After reviewing the complete Job Description please submit an application online via our website at https://lighthouse-sf.org/about/careers/ as well as a cover letter and résumé as word processing document attachments (no PDFs please), to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints, we will only respond to complete submissions. Thanks for your understanding.