POSITION: Quality Control /Warehouse Assistant
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager, Assistant Plant Manager, Lead Person & MOD.
WC CLASS: Warehouse
Responsible for Ensuring quality control, filling bottles taking product off machine capping, labeling, tape full boxes then place on pallet.
Education: High School Diploma.
Experience: Entry Level Warehouse
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fill bottles to the correct levels.
- Cap bottles and make sure they are tight.
- When you have a full carton, remove it and put an empty in its place.
- Dispense the tape from the machine.
- Seal the full carton with tape.
- Neatly stack the full carton onto the pallet.
- Act as a backup box maker when needed.
- Using hand jack, remove the completed full pallet and put it in the designated area for stretch wrapping.
- After pallet is removed for stretch wrapping, place new pallet down.
- Stretch wrap full pallet to be warehoused.
- Keep your area neat and tidy. Empty the trash daily.
- Let your supervisor know when your task has been completed.
- Lift 50LBS Stand for extended times
- Be able to work in cold and hot environment.
- Exercise caution when the fork lift is operating in the area.
- Report all accidents or safety concerns to your supervisor at once.
- Check your supplies, making sure that you have enough for the day.
- Hands on quality control must have a high attention to detail.
- Read understand paperwork.
- Set filler to correct position
- Work with supervisor on keeping an eye on the line.When slow conduct inventory of product.
- Cover other positions as needed by lead or supervisor. Label bottles with correct label.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Never perform a task if you feel it is unsafe until you talk to a supervisor.
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an equal opportunity employer to all. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of age, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, military veteran status, political affiliation, height, weight or any other factor unrelated to the job.
We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace free of harassment, in accordance with California law. Employees are expected to behave in accordance with these objectives.
All LightHouse employees are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently, no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no .PDFs please), to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest. Thank you for your understanding.