POSITION: Production / Warehouse Assistant – Box maker & Rework
REPORTS TO: Production Assistant Packer
WC CLASS: Warehouse
Responsible for stenciling & making boxes, & working off machine, plus rework.
Education: High School Diploma.
Experience: Two years’ experience in light manufacturing.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check your supplies, making sure that you have enough for the day.
- Orient the cartons in the proper direction on the work table. Cartons should be checked individually to assure proper location of the marking.
- Remove the plastic band securing the bundle of cartons.
- Bundles should be inventoried periodically to make sure the count is correct. There are 15 or 25 cartons per bundle.
- Orient the stencil guide, ink pad.
- Get verification from your supervisor on the first carton each day, making sure that there is enough ink on the pad and that the destination is correct.
- Stencil the cartons and put the completed items in a neat stack on the pallet provided.
- Open up a stenciled carton.
- Dispense the tape from the machine.
- Support production cover for other team members.
- Make certain tape is properly moistened. Add water to the tape machine if required.
- Secure the tape to the carton. Leave about 4” of overlap on each side of the carton.
- Neatly stack the cartons 4 high against the wall.
- Remove brushes from machine at end of day & put into bucket of water to soak overnight.
- Keep your area neat and tidy. Empty the trash daily.
- Let your supervisor know when your task has been completed.
- Report all accidents or safety concerns to your supervisor at once. Never perform a task if you feel it is unsafe until you talk to a supervisor.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All attachments must be formatted as Word Documents or accessible PDFs. No undescribed image files please.