POSITION: Operations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: HR Manager
WC CLASS: Clerical
The Lighthouse’s Operations Coordinator has three key areas of responsibility: Agency’s Procurement, coordinates recruiting in HR as well as other HR projects as needed and oversees a small fleet of LightHouse Vehicles as well as fleet maintenance and driver coordination. The Operations Coordinator has a role to play in adding organization and balance to the Operation’s Department.
Education: A college degree is a plus.
• At least two years’ experience in an administrative support position, or related field. A background in non-profits is highly desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, flexible, detail-oriented.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence to relate to staff, board members, volunteers, and students with disabilities.
• Ability to manage multiple projects with precision and a high degree of organization.
• Very strong Microsoft Office suite skills, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must have valid California Driver License and be willing to occasionally drive as part of this position.
• Experience working with people with disabilities is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Working efficiently and calmly under pressure. Quick effective problem solving. Highly organized with capability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines with minimal oversight and a sense of priority and confidentiality.
- Superior ability to network and liaise between multiple parties simultaneously. Strong written and verbal communication.
Other: Personal initiative. Curiosity about people, a sense of humor and a strong team-oriented style. Enthusiasm for LightHouse services and the transformative effect we have on the lives of individuals who are blind or have low vision.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with vendors to secure the best available pricing and goods.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds. this includes having the ability to communicate with job candidates
- Schedule Job Interviews
- Create Job Postings
- Create Job Requisitions
- Maintain Confidentiality
- Handling all scheduling for LH Drivers
- Oversees Fleet Maintenance
- Arrange for vehicle maintenance, washing and service according to the manufacturer’s warranty and need.
- Oversees Driver Coordination
- Take purchase requests from various departments within a company
- Get price quotes from suppliers
- Creating and maintaining purchasing files and price lists, as well as determining if departments have enough inventory on hand
- Demonstrate time management skills
- Contacting suppliers to schedule deliveries or to discuss shortages or missed deliveries
- Adhere to LH “Attendance Policy”
Other Duties: Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to stand, walk, and sit
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to lift/push/carry items up to 25 pounds
Equal opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
All employees at LightHouse are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently, no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no .PDFs please), to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest; thanks for your understanding.