Oct 19 –
At LightHouse we take great pride in having a strong community filled with many wonderful students. With this wonderful group of students comes great ideas and a diverse perspective that we hope to learn from. To help learn more and ensure LightHouse and EHC provides programs that youth both want and need, we have formed the LightHouse and EHC Youth Program Council. This council will consist of a group of ten young leaders that are blind or have low vision that wish to give back to future students, gain leadership experience and strengthen their resume. Below in you will find more information about what it means to be a council member and how to get involved.
What are the benefits of serving as a member of the LightHouse and EHC Youth Program Council?
- Volunteer hours for your resume or graduation requirements
- Gain deeper connections with the EHC, LightHouse and the blind and low vision community
- LightHouse swag item, such as a LightHouse or EHC shirt for each year of service completed
What we are asking of the members of the LightHouse and EHC Youth Program Council?
- Participate in the regular meetings of LightHouse and EHC Youth Program Council.
- Support LightHouse and EHC youth programs by volunteering time during some of the programs hosted by LightHouse and EHC in some sort of leadership capacity.
- Help promote LightHouse youth programs and activities within your networks.
- Provide feedback and insight into ways past and current program options can be improved.
- Share new program ideas or activities that other youth might enjoy or benefit from.
How do I apply to be a member of the LightHouse and EHC Youth Program Council?
- You must meet the following qualifications:
- youth between the ages of 16 and 24
- a person who is blind or has low vision
- participant of a LightHouse or EHC program within the last year
To apply please send an email with the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:\
- A statement of interest and intent in why you wish to be member of the Lighthouse and EHC Youth Program Council.
- Contact information for one of the following references:
- TVI or O&M specialist
- A current or past LightHouse and EHC program staff or mentor
- A current member of LightHouse and EHC Youth Program Council
- Conduct interview with the LightHouse Youth Team
We look forward to hearing your voice as we work together to shape future programs and encourage your growth as a leader in our community. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions about the LightHouse and EHC Youth Program Council.