27th Annual Lowenfeld-Akeson Early Years Symposium (in-person)
All students, customers, visitors and staff are required to wear a mask indoors in gatherings of 25 people or more, or if asked to do so in someone's personal space at all our sites.
Ready, Set, Learn!: Supporting Sleep, Sensory Needs, and Readiness to Learn in Young Children with Vision Loss
This event takes place at the California School for the Blind at 500 Walnut Ave. in Fremont, California. (A remote option will be made available in the event of a public health emergency.) Morning refreshments and lunch will be provided. We strongly urge attendees to wear masks while indoors to create a safe space for our families and community members who are immunocompromised.
- Rafael Pelayo, MD
- Christopher Russell, MS, TVI
- The 2023 Dr. William and Ruth ("Roo") Silverman Award for Excellence in Community Partnership will be presented.
- A parent panel will be held in the afternoon.
- Requests for accommodation must be made on or before January 4, 2023.
- The Lowenfeld-Akeson Symposium is sponsored by LightHouse Little Learners (LLL), the California Association of Parents of Children with Visual Impairments (CAPVI), California Deafblind Services (CDBS) and the California School for the Blind (CSB).