It is important to note that in keeping with LightHouse’s commitment to staff and client safety in the time of COVID-19, LightHouse Little Learners services will also be provided in accordance with local and state health and safety guidelines.
- If families agree and in-person services are permitted, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by staff and family members, and changed after each visit. Social distancing and hand-washing protocols will be strictly followed.
- If remote learning is required, the following adaptations will be customized for each family to support Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) outcomes:
- Tele-practice technology and telecommunications: for example, by phone, or video platform, such as Zoom, with families or caregivers and/or IFSP Team Members
- Use of photos and/or family video segments to discuss the child’s developmental progress, and plan next steps with the family
- Drop-off of adapted activities and materials at family homes for multi-sensory activities or functional vision development, with follow-up conversation with the family via remote learning
- A hybrid model of in-person and remote learning integrated into services, to meet the child and family’s needs