Provides administrative assistance, accessibility help and overall logistical coordination for the Employment Immersion program. The Jobseeker Coordinator performs intake services, assists with employment preparation and acts as a liaison to blind and low-vision jobseekers. The Jobseeker Coordinator provides day-to-day administrative support to the employment team, tracks authorizations, billing and payments, and may function as a Job Developer when time allows.
Education or equivalent: An Associate’s Degree, or equivalent experience that parallels the needs of the department. Experience: A proven background as a job developer, vocational counselor, teacher’s assistant, or supporting a rehabilitation function – particularly involving work with blind or low-vision populations.
Other: Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, database programs and complex calendaring. Familiarity with Apple products also helpful. Strong organization, communication, flexibility and interpersonal skills needed; the ability to work collaboratively; comfort with prioritizing simultaneous projects in a deadline-sensitive environment. Proficiency in a language other than English would be helpful.
- Performs Employment Immersion intakes.
- Schedules appointments between Employment Immersion staff, students, employers, Department of Rehabilitation, community partners and other LightHouse staff.
- Assists students to complete Lighthouse forms and releases.
- Assists students with copy-editing and formatting of résumé submissions.
- Troubleshooting student in-class technical issues.
- Disseminating and tracking student homework assignments.
- Arranging for student housing, transportation and other resources.
- Monitoring and tracking receipt of Department of Rehabilitation authorizations, and timelines for services.
- Following up on documentation requested from counselors and their office technicians.
- Tracking and reconciling vendor billing with the LightHouse Finance Department.
- Assisting – and substituting for – the Employment Facilitator and Employer Engagement Manager as needed.
- Managing data entry, database and documents.
- Updating, maintaining and broadcasting via the Employment Immersion job list site, ListServs and Google Groups.
- Following up with current and past students for at least 90 days post-employment for retention purposes, or as needed.
- Providing the LightHouse Development Department with requested information relating to grants, placements and funders.
- Monitoring to insure the scope of work and services provided, falls within the parameters of active vendor Authorizations and billing descriptions.
- Collecting and entering data needed to measure and evaluate program outcomes.
- Maintaining appropriate student and Agency confidentiality at all times.
- Maintaining regular and timely communication with all relevant parties.
- Consistently tracking and documenting student goals, progress and outcomes within a proprietary database.
- Maintaining relevant information on placements, contacts, potential employers and other partners.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation. We have an “employment at will” policy.
Please submit your cover letter and / or résumé as Word attachments (no .PDF please), to email@example.com; include the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles at this time. Due to time constraints we may not be able to respond to everyone who expresses interest; thank you.