POSITION: Janitorial Associate
REPORTS TO: Janitorial Manager
The Janitorial Associate provides custodial operations on floors 9-11 of the LightHouse Building, as well as the common building areas. In addition, this position provides support to the Facilities and Events departments. The Janitorial Associate will assist with the configuration and tear-down of rental spaces; maintain student residences; report safety concerns; maintain a clean and orderly general office space; and assist special janitorial projects (such as carpet cleaning and stair maintenance).
The main work site for this position is at the LightHouse Building in San Francisco, but may collaborate on janitorial concerns and the use of satellite space for other locations as needed per Manager’s request.
Education or equivalent: A high school degree or comparable experience.
Experience: One year (or more) relevant experience in janitorial/custodian experience preferred, recycling, custodial or grounds maintenance.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with a commitment to overall program excellence.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, while ensuring timely completion of assigned projects.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under constantly changing priorities and demands.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 30 pounds regularly, with occasional transporting up to approximately 50 pounds, may be required.
- Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing or walking for long periods of time (four hours or more).
- Ability to safely and properly use cleaning tools, chemicals and equipment.
- Solid physical endurance sufficient for occasional prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate equipment.
- Ability and willingness to work with exposure to environmental conditions.
- To be in compliance with all safety and security policies and procedures.
- Provide support for all company events relating to janitorial, landscaping, event set up, etc.
- The ability to provide pest control and extermination for all sites, exterior sweeping, and power washing maintenance to ensure proper upkeep of assets.
- Maintain drinking water stations.
- Empty trash and cleaning trash areas
- Cleaning spills
- Sweeping and Mopping
- Cleaning windows
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Cleaning beds and bathrooms
LightHouse is an equal opportunity employer. LightHouse policy and the law prohibit discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, ancestry, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, age (40 and over), sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions), marital status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), physical or mental disability (including HIV and AIDS), military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, denial of Family and Medical Care leave, height and weight, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Our policy and the law prohibit co-workers, third parties, supervisors, and managers from engaging in such conduct.
LightHouse personnel are employed on an at-will basis. Employment at-will means that the employment relationship may be terminated, with or without cause and with or without advance notice at any time by the employee or the Agency.
We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace. Employees are expected to behave in accordance with these objectives.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no .PDFs please), to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest. Thanks for your understanding.