POSITION: Events Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities
WC CLASS: Clerical
Founded in San Francisco in 1902, the LightHouse’s purpose is to promote the independence, equality and self-reliance of people who are blind or visually impaired. The LightHouse is currently in a period of growth, increasing our capacity to serve more low-vision and blind clients. We seek a dynamic professional to help us grow our individual and institutional support.
This is an On-Call/As Needed position, with primary duties in the following areas: Event coordination for general public facing LightHouse events and other development duties as needed
Education: Bachelor or graduate degree preferred.
Experience: 3-5 Years’ experience working in the non-profit arena, event coordination, and or Arts & Events. Familiarity with blindness and/or broader disability issues is a plus.
Skills: Highly organized with minimal oversight. Superior ability to network and liaise between multiple parties simultaneously.
Other: Personal initiative. Curiosity about people, a sense of humor and a strong team-oriented style. Enthusiasm for LightHouse services and the transformative effect we have on the lives of individuals who are blind or have low vision.
Able to stand for hours at a time, to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Assist with LightHouse external rental programming.
- Act as point person for day of event.
- Oversees event timelines, vendors haul in and out, and venue set up and break down.
- Frequent weekend and evening events.
- Responsible for communicating to Director of Facilities manager’s report at end of event.
- Coordinate with on-site Janitorial service when needed.
- Responsible for Life and safety best practices while on site and able to communicate this with client.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Overseeing the activities of volunteers and vendors at events.
Equal opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation. We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace.
All employees at LightHouse are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently, no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All attachments must be formatted as Word Documents or accessible PDFs. No undescribed image files please.