Registrations for Enchanted Hills Camp 2021 Summer Programs NOW OPEN.
We are beyond excited to announce that a modified summer program at Enchanted Hills Camp is planned for summer 2021.
We will offer a three-week Teen camp for campers ages 13 to 20. Campers can sign up for one, two or all three weeks. We will also offer a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Camp and Music Camp. Our Music Camp program will be open for participants in high school and college. All these programs will take place in the month of July.
This modified summer program for teens and young adults is, and will continue to be, in strict accordance with local, state and Center for Disease Control recommendations and guidelines. We are continually monitoring this situation.
The health and safety of our campers and staff remain our highest priority.
Below, you will find a summary of actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible while still allowing campers to enjoy the benefits of the great outdoors this summer.
- Anyone who is sick or was sick with COVID-19 or recently in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the previous 14 days— including staff, campers, and families— will not be permitted to enter camp.
- All campers upon entering our parking lot will be required to fill out a health questionnaire and have their temperature taken.
- We will keep campers in small groups (cohorts) of six campers per pair of counselors and space them out in six-foot intervals
- We will limit the number of items that are shared or touched between campers and staff i.e. providing individual supplies to each camper, using disposable utensils, pre-packaged boxes for food.
- We will promote healthy hygiene practices by teaching campers the importance of, and the requirement for, hand washing, the covering of mouths, and using tissues when coughing and sneezing
- We require the use of sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol
- We are posting signs about these healthy habits in large print and braille.
- We require staff and campers wear a mask during indoor and outdoor gatherings.
- We are intensifying cleaning and disinfection practices within our facilities i.e. drinking fountains, program equipment and door handles.
- If a camper does get sick at camp, we have identified an area where they can rest, be supervised, and safely isolate from others. We will communicate with parents or caretakers directly and, if necessary, arrange for the child to be taken to a healthcare facility for further medical care.
- Once a camp session has begun, we will keep the session closed to visitors, short-term volunteers and guests to keep the cohort insolated.
We ask that staff, volunteers and families be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick.
In addition, LightHouse will not be transporting people in a van to camp this year. Campers will need to make their way to camp with their families or with those they know are safe to travel in the same vehicle
For further information, please email EHC@lighthouse-sf.org or call Camp Director Tony Fletcher at 415-694-7319.
Apply for EHC 2021 Summer Sessions NOW OPEN! Download the forms below or click on the online registration form here.