LightHouse offices are closed for in-person services through July 1, 2021. Check the calendar below for our offering of online classes.
Employment Immersion January Virtual Workshop
January's workshop runs 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. weekdays from January 4 through 29, no class January 18
There IS a job market! Job seekers who are blind and have low vision are in demand to work remotely. Let LightHouse support you on your pathway to employment in these challenging times.
Our award-winning Employment Immersion program is now available virtually. Now is the time to join us via the Zoom conferencing platform. The program begins the first Monday of every month and runs each weekday. This comprehensive month-long training is specifically designed for people who are blind and have low vision. We are committed to providing group and individual guidance from the fundamentals of job search, to the complexities of disclosure of one’s disability with pride and confidence, to instruction on job search techniques, to honing interview skills. Most importantly, this program focuses on the participant’s individual job goals.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact the team through email: EIteam@lighthouse-sf.org.
Yoga: Alignment Flow (Onlline)
Yoga: Alignment Flow – Online, Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
LightHouse yoga instructor Kimm Ropicky knows that now, more than ever, it’s vital to our health and wellbeing to get some movement into our lives. Kimm is offering an online class to the LightHouse community. All levels of experience are welcome. The sequence of postures will be consistent, changing quarterly, move slowly to provide ample time to transition between movements, and include insightful tools to learn alignment at home. Joining the Zoom meeting with your video enabled allows Kimm to provide more detailed feedback, particularly in the event you ask for clarification.
What You Need to Know:
- To register, you’ll need to create an account via Kimm’s website. Follow these instructions:
- Go to www.KimmRopickyYoga.com/livestream
- Click the “SIGN UP” button next to the “LightHouse Alignment Flow” class you wish to attend.
- Complete the form with your account details, make your donation, if desired, and read the waiver before you click the “BOOK NOW” button.
- You will receive three emails: an email from Ribbon confirming your registration, another providing instructions on how to use the Ribbon, and the third one prior to class with the Zoom link.
- NOTE: For those already with an account, go to the same webpage above, choose your desired class, and then click the Sign In on the top right of the screen.
- Duration--All classes are 60 minutes in length.
- Donations--Class is donation-based. Please pay what you can. No one will be turned away for a lack of funds. Recommended donation is $10-$20.
- In order to create a safe space for connection with our community, the Waiting Room will be enabled, and the host will let you in as soon as possible, but no more than 10 minutes after the start.
- Registration will end one hour prior to class.
- Consult your Doctor--Please consult with your doctor before practicing, to be mindful of any conditions you may have and how this practice may impact you.
- Class Description--Yoga: Alignment-based, using props to enhance your understanding and reference within postures.
- Props strongly recommended: 2 Blocks or 1 chair, a strap or a belt, and a blanket (throw blanket).
Not So Bored Game Night (online)
Each week students from the Lighthouse Youth Program gather for our virtual Not So Bored Game Night. A weekly evening of fun and games for Blind and low vision youth from all over. Games start at 7:00 pm on Tuesday evenings and will include trivia contests, scavenger hunts and other interactive games that will have youth making friends. In addition, the LightHouse staff each week’s games will be led by a guest mentor that will also share insight into their education, career and life as a person who is blind or has low vision.
Who: students under 18 that are blind or have low vision
What: weekly game night and guest mentor spotlight via zoom When: Tuesday evenings from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Where: Anywhere you can access a Zoom meeting
RSVP: Zoom meeting information will be shared with those that RSVP by 5:00 pm of the day before the program
Parents & Guardians: we’d love your help getting your children connected to our virtual program, however, once they have joined, we ask that you please give them the space to participate individually.
If you are interested in signing up for the Not So Bored Game Night, please contact Jamey Gump by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 415-694-7372.
The events for the upcoming week are read aloud on our event hotline every Friday, which can be accessed by calling (415)694-7325.
For more information about visiting the Adaptations Store, head to our shop page.
The LightHouse is scent-free. Please abstain from wearing colognes, perfumes, or other scented products. Additionally, coffee must be securely lidded at all times and citrus should not be peeled on the premises. Thanks for supporting our efforts to respect chemical sensitivities.