Yoga: Alignment Flow (online)
Yoga: Alignment Flow
LightHouse yoga instructor Kimm Ropicky knows that now, more than ever, it’s vital to our health and wellbeing to get some movement into our lives. Kimm is extending her online class offerings via her private practice to the LightHouse community per the following instructions. Some knowledge of yoga is helpful, though not necessary. Joining the Zoom meeting with your video enabled allows Kimm to provide more detailed feedback, particularly in the event you ask for clarification.
What You Need to Know:
• Be Early--Please join the class 10-15 minutes prior to allow time to resolve technical issues.
• Duration--All classes are 60 minutes in length.
• Donations--Class is donation-based. Please pay what you can. No one will be turned away for a lack of funds. Recommended donations $10-$20. Please consider showing your support via one of these platforms: Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=31997465
A password Required--In order to create a safe space for connection with our community, a password for each meeting is required. To obtain, please do either of the following: Email: Kimmropickyyoga@gmail.com or Follow/DM on Instagram: @yogawithkimm
• Registration will end one hour prior to class. Any messages up to an hour before class will receive response after class. • Consult your Doctor--Please consult with your doctor before practicing, to be mindful of any conditions you may have and how this practice may impact you.
• Class Description--Yoga: Alignment Flow Monday's and Friday's from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. This class is recommended for beginners. Props strongly recommended: 2 Blocks or 1 chair, a strap or a hand towel and a blanket (like a throw blanket).
• To join please click Meeting URL and enter password obtained by pre-registering.
YES Summer Academy (online)
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Connect, Learn, and Grow
YES Summer Academy Goes Online!
Youth Employment Series (YES)
July 6 (Monday) – August 7 (Friday), 2020
Registrations open until June 12, 2020
The LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired Youth Employment Series (YES) is excited to offer a redesigned 2020 Academy for aged between 16 – 24 years youth who are blind or have low vision.
Despite the many changes as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Youth will continue to have the opportunity to fill their summer with engaging and valuable learning experiences. They will have the chance to participate in independent living trainings, employment readiness projects, peer social hours, and mentoring conversations with life-long friends, mentors and supportive LightHouse staff through this groundbreaking program.
The YES Virtual Summer Academy is a 5-week long interactive experience. Youth will gain first-hand knowledge of building confidence and positive identity, learn collaboration and how to be a "team player”. They will get to know how to identify strengths and interests, as well as acquire a sense of direction through personalized job exploration learning activities.
The program will culminate with youth investigating career interests and equipping themselves with the tools to transition successfully. These include:
- Career/strength assessment plans
- Working resume
- Interview strategies
Specific days will have a particular focus:
- Mondays – presenter spotlight and seminars
- Wednesdays - group-based discussions and weekly community building evening sessions.
- Fridays - one-on-one coaching sessions
Students will receive 5-6 hours of direct weekly instruction via Zoom, phone, and email communication, approximately 2 hours per day, 3 days per week; they are also expected to complete application activities and work-based learning projects along with scheduled sessions.
The YES Summer Academy will encourage students to reflect and apply their learning experience to their lives and be more prepared for future dream opportunities and adulthood.
To take part in the YES Summer Academy, follow the steps below:
- Complete the LightHouse Student Intake Form and select “YES Summer Academy 2020” under the Program Interest section. If you have participated in LightHouse Youth programs within the last year, please skip this step and go directly to Step 2.
- Complete the YES Summer Academy Participation Application and Short Responses. Please send your responses to email@example.com by June 12, 2020.
For professionals looking to fund places for students in the YES Academy Summer Series, please see the below planned learning outcomes:
- Job exploration counseling
- Counseling on opportunities for exploration and enrollment in comprehensive transition or post-secondary educational programs
- Workplace readiness training to develop soft and independent living skills
- Critical instruction in self-advocacy refinement and connection to blind and low vision mentors
- Work-based learning opportunities via community involvement, and additional emphasis around critical Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC) concepts including assistive technology and independent living.
If you have any questions or need any further information, please contact Ann Wai-Yee Kwong, Transition Program Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-694-7328
We look forward to welcoming your students to the LightHouse YES Summer Academy 2020.
Virtual Yoga with Amber
Join us every Monday at 2:00 p.m. for a virtual yoga class where Amber will guide you through a full vinyasa flow to keep you healthy and strong. This class is for people who have done yoga before and have a general idea of the basic poses. For call-in details please email Amber at email@example.com.
The events for the upcoming week are read aloud on our event hotline every Friday, which can be accessed by calling (415)694-7325.
For more information about visiting the Adaptations Store, head to our shop page.
The LightHouse is scent-free. Please abstain from wearing colognes, perfumes, or other scented products. Additionally, coffee must be securely lidded at all times and citrus should not be peeled on the premises. Thanks for supporting our efforts to respect chemical sensitivities.