Yoga: Alignment Flow - Online Class
Yoga: Alignment Flow, Mondays 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
LightHouse yoga instructor Kimm Ropicky knows that now, more than ever, it’s vital to our health and wellbeing to get some movement into our lives. Kimm is extending her online class offerings via her private practice to the LightHouse community per the following instructions. Some knowledge of yoga is helpful, though not necessary. Joining the Zoom meeting with your video enabled allows Kimm to provide more detailed feedback, particularly in the event you ask for clarification.
What You Need to Know:
• Be Early--Please join the class 10-15 minutes prior to allow time to resolve technical issues.
• Duration--All classes are 60 minutes in length.
• Donations--Class is donation-based. Please pay what you can. No one will be turned away for a lack of funds. Recommended donations $10-$20. Please consider showing your support via one of these platforms: Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=31997465
A password Required--In order to create a safe space for connection with our community, a password for each meeting is required. To obtain, please do either of the following: Email: Kimmropickyyoga@gmail.com or Follow/DM on Instagram: @yogawithkimm
• Registration will end one hour prior to class. Any messages up to an hour before class will receive response after class.
• Consult your Doctor--Please consult with your doctor before practicing, to be mindful of any conditions you may have and how this practice may impact you.
• Class Description--Yoga: Alignment Flow Monday's and Friday's from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. This class is recommended for beginners.
• Props strongly recommended: 2 Blocks or 1 chair, a strap or a hand towel and a blanket (like a throw blanket) and 1-2 balls, like tennis balls or lacrosse balls.
• To join please click Meeting URL and enter password obtained by pre-registering.
Virtual Yoga with Amber
Join us every Monday at 2:00 p.m. for a virtual yoga class where Amber will guide you through a full vinyasa flow to keep you healthy and strong. This class is for people who have done yoga before and have a general idea of the basic poses. For call-in details please email Amber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monthly Mentor Mondays: Your Virtual Technology Toolbox
Second Monday of the month: 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
This fall, LightHouse’s Youth Program is excited to offer a new series for our youth that are blind or have low vision. In this new monthly series, Lighthouse staff will lead the panel of young blind leaders through a conversation about topics important to the success of youth. Each month will have new mentors sharing their thoughts, stories and advice about that month’s topic. Students that attend will also have ample time to ask questions to that month’s mentors. Topics of our monthly panel will include subjects such as advocacy, career exploration, social interaction, self-determination, accessible technology and recreation and leisure, with a focus on the additional challenges the COVID-19 pandemic has given all of us.
October 12 - Your Virtual Technology Toolbox
For our October Monthly Mentor Monday, youth will learn about all sorts of high and low-tech gear that that other blind and low vision youth use to be successful. Whether it’s a simple slate and stylus or a quick note, the latest braille display, or software that can help you access for class materials or things in other aspects of life.
November 9: Making connections as a blind or low vision student
December 14: TBD
If you have any questions or would like to RSVP to Monthly Mentor Mondays, please contact, Jamey Gump at email@example.com or 415-694-7372. RSVP by 5:00 p.m. the Friday before each event.
The events for the upcoming week are read aloud on our event hotline every Friday, which can be accessed by calling (415)694-7325.
For more information about visiting the Adaptations Store, head to our shop page.
The LightHouse is scent-free. Please abstain from wearing colognes, perfumes, or other scented products. Additionally, coffee must be securely lidded at all times and citrus should not be peeled on the premises. Thanks for supporting our efforts to respect chemical sensitivities.