Yoga: Alignment Flow (Onlline)
Yoga: Alignment Flow – Online, Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
LightHouse yoga instructor Kimm Ropicky knows that now, more than ever, it’s vital to our health and wellbeing to get some movement into our lives. Kimm is offering an online class to the LightHouse community. All levels of experience are welcome. The sequence of postures will be consistent, changing quarterly, move slowly to provide ample time to transition between movements, and include insightful tools to learn alignment at home. Joining the Zoom meeting with your video enabled allows Kimm to provide more detailed feedback, particularly in the event you ask for clarification.
What You Need to Know:
- To register, you’ll need to create an account via Kimm’s website. Follow these instructions:
- Go to www.KimmRopickyYoga.com/livestream
- Click the “SIGN UP” button next to the “LightHouse Alignment Flow” class you wish to attend.
- Complete the form with your account details, make your donation, if desired, and read the waiver before you click the “BOOK NOW” button.
- You will receive three emails: an email from Ribbon confirming your registration, another providing instructions on how to use the Ribbon, and the third one prior to class with the Zoom link.
- NOTE: For those already with an account, go to the same webpage above, choose your desired class, and then click the Sign In on the top right of the screen.
- Duration--All classes are 60 minutes in length.
- Donations--Class is donation-based. Please pay what you can. No one will be turned away for a lack of funds. Recommended donation is $10-$20.
- In order to create a safe space for connection with our community, the Waiting Room will be enabled, and the host will let you in as soon as possible, but no more than 10 minutes after the start.
- Registration will end one hour prior to class.
- Consult your Doctor--Please consult with your doctor before practicing, to be mindful of any conditions you may have and how this practice may impact you.
- Class Description--Yoga: Alignment-based, using props to enhance your understanding and reference within postures.
- Props strongly recommended: 2 Blocks or 1 chair, a strap or a belt, and a blanket (throw blanket).
Tech Together Online: Tech for Reading Printed Text
Join the LightHouse Access Technology team for a series of informal conversations on technology topics relevant to these current times. Tech Together is a chance to share your knowledge and experience, as well as learn from other blind technology users. LightHouse Access Technology staff share tips and resources on each week’s topic. Then there is time for LightHouse students and friends to add to the conversation, as we all learn from each other.
Topics are decided on a rolling basis as our community’s needs evolve during shelter in place.
January 5: Tech for Reading Print Text
We’ll discuss apps and techniques for reading printed text, such as paper mail, package directions, and image files with written text.
Join us for one or all these conversations.
Or leave a voicemail at 510-925-2943. Online registration is preferred.
January 12: All About File Storage
January 19: Troubleshooting Your Tech
January 26: Podcast and Audio Recording
Safe and Confident Movement for O&M Travel
Adults 55 and over are invited to participate in a 6 session course geared towards improving safety in movement for indoor and outdoor activities. Exercises performed during class will help students feel more ‘sure footed’ when navigating stairs, walking over uneven sidewalks, and moving around obstacles while using a white cane or dog guide. Exercises designed to ease the transition between sit-to-stand movements will also be incorporated.
In addition to completing simple and dual task activities, participants will learn how to conduct an at home safety assessment, evaluate elements that improve footwear stability, and develop a personalized balance program. After the 6 session course, participants can expect to feel more self-assured in personal movement patterns and less anxious about falling.
The classes will be taught via Zoom or phone at the following dates and times -
• Week 1: Tuesday, January 5 and Thursday, January 7 from 3:30-4:45pm
• Week 2: Tuesday, January 12 and Thursday, January 14 from 3:30-4:45pm
• Week 3: Tuesday, January 19 and Thursday, January 21 from 3:30-4:45pm
There are no costs associated with this course for adults 55 and over living in the following counties - Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Marin, Humboldt, Del Norte, and Trinity. For those adults living outside the noted counties, the course is 150.00, plus materials.
To registration is currently closed for this class due to it being full with a waitlist.
To learn about future offerings of this workshop, please email Marie Trudelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
The events for the upcoming week are read aloud on our event hotline every Friday, which can be accessed by calling (415)694-7325.
For more information about visiting the Adaptations Store, head to our shop page.
The LightHouse is scent-free. Please abstain from wearing colognes, perfumes, or other scented products. Additionally, coffee must be securely lidded at all times and citrus should not be peeled on the premises. Thanks for supporting our efforts to respect chemical sensitivities.