POSITION: Administrative Assistant, Rehab/EHC
REPORTS TO: Director Rehabilitation and Enchanted Hills Camp
DEPARTMENT(s): Deaf-Blind/Enchanted Hills
STATUS: FT Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Program Associate (PA) will support day-to-day operations within two LightHouse programs, the Deaf-Blind Telecommunications Project and Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind. Together, both programs are looking for one candidate that will have experience in keen attention and scrutiny to data-detail related to data input (the LightHouse uses Salesforce); demonstrated time management and prioritization skills; excellent written and verbal customer service support skills and the ability to work collaboratively under a co-supervisorial entity with the Director of Enchanted Hills Camp and the Manager of the Deaf-Blind Program. Additionally, this candidate will work with the team to create a schedule that works between LightHouse offices at the Ed Robert’s Campus in Berkeley and the LightHouse Headquarters in San Francisco with occasional (planned) support at the camp in Napa and at annual Access Technology Conference as support. The PA will split their time evenly to meet the needs of each program.
Enchanted Hills Camp and Retreat serves blind children, teens, adults, deaf-blind, seniors, as well as families of the blind. Since 1950, Enchanted Hills has provided valuable opportunities for recreation in a fun, challenging and accessible way. Located on 311 acres on scenic Mt. Veeder, Enchanted Hills is just 10 miles west of Napa, California. The experience of summer camp holds countless opportunities for enjoyment and learning in many peoples’ lives.
The Deaf-Blind Telecommunications program is a federal program which provides telecommunication equipment and training to eligible applicants throughout the state of California. This program has been enormously successful in enhancing the lives of persons who are deaf-blind for six years. The LightHouse is the CA state lead for the program ensuring the details of the federal grant are met seamlessly, while providing our constituents the equipment necessary to connect with their friends, family and the community on a basis equal to their fellow Californians.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLILITIES:
- Detailed data entry ranging from purchased equipment for recipients to developing consumer/camper files in Salesforce and maintaining all electronic files.
- Handle monthly reconciliation of service Purchase Authorizations, Check Requests and invoicing for each program with Finance.
- Work closely with the Manager and Director of each program to establish timelines from key billing dates to ensuring all camper registration, payment and transportation requirements are met.
- Primary liaison in coordination of Enchanted Hills Summer Camp Registration and setting up data base profiles for campers and Deaf-Blind equipment recipients.
- Responsible for ensuring applications for both programs are up-to-date and sent to applicants in a timely manner. Organize and process work in a timely and customer-friendly manner.
- Maintain all camper and equipment recipient Salesforce profiles, and details (including equipment details related to each recipient).
- Manage and track fees associated with Enchanted Hills Camp Registration.
- Arrange student travel needs for training and attending camp. Assist in and/or request driving, interpreting support for both programs as needed.
- Assist in the facilitation of compliance management for Enchanted Hills Camp’s American Camping Accreditation standards and the federal candidate criteria and equipment and training data collection related to the Deaf-Blind Telecommunications project.
- Communicate via telephone/video phone, email and written correspondence regarding both programs, to provide to potential recipients and inquiring family members and service providers.
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing a description and goals of each program and embrace a blind and deaf-blind positive philosophy.Openness to learn.
- Specific to the Deaf-blind Telecommunications Project:
- Maintain inventory lists of equipment and software; order and track office supplies, materials, and forms.
- Prepare equipment requests, vendor purchase authorizations, matching/tracking invoices and documentation of all purchases, and monthly expenses.
- Ensure equipment shipping (from packing to drop off, as needed).
- Assist in outreach as requested and planned for both programs.
- Provide driver support as needed for both program.
Education or Equivalent: Associates or Bachelor’s Degree with concentrations in Communications, Business Administration.
Experience: Minimum two years’ experience as administrative support; background in nonprofits desirable.
- Must love numbers and people.
- Excellent computer skills (from Microsoft Office Suite (heavy use of Excel) to Database Experience.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to handle and prioritize simultaneous requests.
- Willingness and ability to independently research solutions, learn new skills and stay abreast of program updates and changes.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be extremely organized, professional, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, patience and the ability to relate to a diverse staff.
- Must have a desire to work with colleagues and collaborate around finding solutions to problems.
- Preferred – Bilingual (ASL or Spanish)
- Valid California Driver’s License / comfortable driving throughout the greater bay area. (LightHouse owns two Toyota Sienna vans.
- Ability to lift and transfer up to 50 pounds (program supplies, files etc.)
- LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an equal opportunity employer to all. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of age, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, military veteran status, political affiliation, height, weight or any other factor unrelated to the job.
- We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace free of harassment, in accordance with California law. Employees are expected to behave in accordance with these objectives.
- All LightHouse employees are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently, no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no PDFs please), to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest. Thank you for your understanding.