POSITION: Senior Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director/CEO
The LightHouse for the Blind in San Francisco is looking for a Senior Executive Assistant to support our 116 -year-old nonprofit as we grow and deepen our community involvement.
The LightHouse for the Blind is a storied organization now employing 120 staff with an annual budget of approximately $14 million. Our new headquarters in downtown San Francisco is transit-friendly and is attracting worldwide notice for its progressive and innovative programming which helps blind people every day.
The Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) is a key position of the LightHouse executive team. The SEA provides administrative support to the senior leadership and the Board of Directors.
The Senior Executive Assistant is also the primary person responsible for managing all activities related to the LightHouse governing Board of Directors, including correspondence to and between board members, planning and coordinating board and committee meetings, and producing the minutes of the meetings.
This position may be for you if:
-Have great supporting skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence to serve our CEO and other Senior Directors in our management team.
-Like working to schedule magic, can craft a deft bit of business correspondence and like to prepare minutes, notes and agendas.
-Enjoy behind-the-scenes work that helps visionary executives at a remarkable organization invent its future.
-Want to work with your unusually close and mission-driven organization style.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree a plus.
- Experience: 3-4 years of experience in either administrative support, communications, project coordination or related fields; some background in non-profit operations a plus.
- Personal: Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. High degree of emotional intelligence, tact and intuition. Detail-oriented. Must have strong interpersonal skills to relate to staff, Board, volunteers, blind/visually impaired community members and persons with varied backgrounds and viewpoints.
- Specific skills: Strong command of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Elegant writing for business correspondence.
- Familiarity with social media a plus.
- Valid California Driver’s License and willingness to drive occasionally.
- Provide executive administrative support to the CEO and Senior Directors.
- Keep CEOs daily calendar.
- Proof and prepare documents and correspondence.
- Read aloud correspondence and other documents occasionally to the CEO.
- Make business travel and hotel arrangements as needed.
- Take minutes of meetings and distribute to members following the meeting.
- Attend all Board and committee meetings.
- Keep calendar of meetings of the Board of Directors and its committees,
- Insure Board member information is kept current on agency website and in email distribution lists.
- Prepare and distribute other documents of interest to the board or its committees.
- Coordinate food and refreshments for board, committee and some business meetings.
- Coordinate AV support, including remote attendance to meetings.
- Assist Board members with administrative support as requested.
- Process, as a member of the team, incoming and outgoing mail, including secure and confidential correspondence and financial instruments.
- Prepare and distribute the agenda for the weekly staff Directors meeting; take notes at the meeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Able to carry or transport 20 lbs.; sit at a desk and perform computer-intensive work for long periods of time; operate standard office equipment; travel independently. Occasional overtime required for Board meetings, special events and other activities.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no PDFs please), to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest; thanks for your understanding.