POSITION: Production and Warehouse Assistant
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager, Assistant Plant Manager, Lead Person & MOD.
WC CLASS: Warehouse
ROLE OVERVIEW: (Main Duties)
The Production Assistant is responsible to check product, tape full boxes and then place those boxes on a pallet. The assistant will stretch wrap the pallet when it becomes full. The Warehouse Assistant will then proceed to pull, pack and fill product and work on a production line.
This position is designated to provide work experience for an individual who is blind or visually impaired.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: Will train
- The assistant will check their supplies, making sure that they have enough for the day
- The Production Assistant will report any out of spec. or suspected out of spec conditions to the Machine Operator at once
- The person in this role will work on production lines filling, packing and shipping
- The assistant will sort and pack boxes
- The assistant will make boxes
- The Production Assistant, upon filling a box, will remove it and put an empty box in its place
- The assistant will perform cycle counts
- The assistant will sweep, clean, and perform housekeeping when there is down time
- The person in this role will rework product
- The Production Assistant will neatly stack the full carton onto the pallet.
- Using a hand jack, the assistant will remove the completed full pallet and put it in the designated area for stretch wrapping
- After the pallet is removed for stretch wrapping, the assistant will place a new pallet down for the next products
- The assistant will stretch wrap the full pallet to be warehoused
- The person in this role will keep the area neat and tidy. The assistant will empty the trash daily
- The Production Assistant should let their supervisor know when their task has been completed
- The assistant should exercise caution around machines and when the forklift is operating in the area
- The Production Assistant should report all accidents or safety concerns to their supervisor at once
- The assistant should never perform a task if they feel it is unsafe until they talk to a supervisor
- The assistant will lift or carry 60 lbs. throughout the day
- The assistant will also stand for long periods and climb up and down ladders
- The Production Assistant is expected to complete any other duties as assigned by their supervisor
Other Duties: Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Production Assistant will work in a warehouse which may be unheated and also involve loading in an open outdoors area. Under prevailing weather.
Equal opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
LightHouse is an equal opportunity employer. LightHouse policy and the law prohibit discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, ancestry, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, age (40 and over), sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions), marital status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), physical or mental disability (including HIV and AIDS), military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, denial of Family and Medical Care leave, height and weight, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Our policy and the law prohibit co-workers, third parties, supervisors, and managers from engaging in such conduct.
LightHouse personnel are employed on an at-will basis. Employment at-will means that the employment relationship may be terminated, with or without cause and with or without advance notice at any time by the employee or the Agency. We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace.
All employees at LightHouse are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently,
no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
Compensation: Depending on Experience; “industry competitive”
HOW TO APPLY
After reviewing the complete Job Description located at our website at: https://lighthouse-sf.org/about/careers/, please complete an application as well as a cover letter and résumé as word processing document attachments (no PDFs please).
Please submit them to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints we will only respond to complete submissions. Thanks for your understanding.