POSITION: Administrative/Print Production Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director MADLAB
STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Associate II
WORK ARRANGEMENT: Hybrid, After Initial Training Period
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
SALARY RANGE: $29.33-$32.82/hr
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Founded in San Francisco in 1902, the LightHouse’s purpose is to promote the independence, equality and self-reliance of people who are blind or visually impaired. The LightHouse is currently in a period of growth, increasing our capacity to serve more low-vision and blind clients.
*Blind/visually impaired strongly encouraged to apply.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Administrative/Print Production Assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for administrative duties such as data entry, record-keeping, and scheduling appointments, and assisting in all aspects of print production, including coordinating with printers, preparing files, and ensuring quality control.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years or more prior administrative/clerical experience.
- Prior accounts payable and/or print experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow instructions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Prepare invoices and A/P for submittal to Finance Dept.
- Perform administrative duties such as data entry, record-keeping, generating automated reports, ordering supplies, and scheduling appointments.
- Assist in the preparation of quotes and proposals for clients, as well as tracking budget and expenses.
- Maintain project files, including tracking progress, preparing status reports, and ensuring all project documentation is up-to-date and accurate.
- Assist in all aspects of print and braille production, including preparing files, running print jobs, and ensuring quality control.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure project deadlines are met and deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Help maintain a clean and organized work environment, ensuring that equipment and supplies are properly stored and maintained.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Other Duties: Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
LightHouse is an equal opportunity employer. LightHouse policy and the law prohibit discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, ancestry, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, age (40 and over), sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions), marital status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), physical or mental disability (including HIV and AIDS), military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, denial of Family and Medical Care leave, height and weight, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Our policy and the law prohibit co-workers, third parties, supervisors, and managers from engaging in such conduct.
LightHouse personnel are employed on an at-will basis. Employment at-will means that the employment relationship may be terminated, with or without cause and with or without advance notice at any time by the employee or the Agency.
We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace. Employees are expected to behave in accordance with these objectives.
All employees at LightHouse are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently, no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no. PDFs please), along with the completed employment application (downloads in a Word document), to HR@lighthouse-sf.org, including the job title in the subject line. To fill out the application, please enable editing in the document. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints, we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest, thanks for your understanding.