POSITION: Information Technology Technician I
REPORTS TO: Director, Information Technology
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, headquartered in downtown San Francisco, is looking for a full-time Information Technology Technician I to fill a valued role in our growing organization.
The Information Technology Technician I is a full-time position, providing support to the whole LightHouse organization as part of the Information Technology Department. The Information Technology Technician I is the front line for daily technical support requests, providing the best possible customer service in order to maintain high productivity throughout the organization. The position will also bear responsibility for system and user onboarding, maintenance and documentation. This key individual will play a key role in achieving the IT department’s project goals and key performance indicators.
The main work site for this position is the LightHouse headquarters in San Francisco. The Information Technology Technician I is expected to be available to travel to other LightHouse locations in the Bay Area and North Bay as coordinated within the team.
- A High School Diploma, GED, some college, or demonstrable compensating work experience.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in front line customer service or technical service role; experience directly supporting the disabled is desirable.
- Know the blindness community – or if not, are fully prepared to research, get acquainted and interact
- Reports to Director, Information Technology.
- Monitor help desk queue to provide front-line tier one and tier two technical support.
- Perform maintenance and updates to systems and workstations proactively to address upcoming issues.
- Support organizational software tools.
- Provide audio-visual system support.
- Support computer, printer, and audio-visual hardware.
- Documentation maintenance, including conducting systems inventory.
- Maintenance and monitoring of data backup systems.
- Support VoIP phone system, including handset provisioning and user creation and modification.
- Network troubleshooting using Windows command line tools.
- Physical work including systems deployment, network rack management, workstation and network patching, and order receipt and inventory.
- Complete project work tasks in support of organizational and departmental goals.
- Perform network troubleshooting and diagnostic.
- As appropriate to experience and knowledge, perform systems administration tasks such as user onboarding and off- boarding, file rights management and auditing, share creation, systems migration and more.
- Other duties as assigned
Who We Are:
LightHouse has an audacious mission – to transform the lives of the 40,000 blind people in the greater Bay Area and beyond. We do this through tech design, disability advocacy, consultation, classes and community formation in San Francisco, our four satellite offices and Enchanted Hills Camp in Napa. We are a fun, fascinating, widely diverse, warm and friendly community. We work in downtown San Francisco in a 40,000 square foot state-of-the-art workspace renowned for its universal design, steps from Civic Center BART. LightHouse is working for nothing less than to change the future for blind people and the wider community.
Within a five-minute walk are the world headquarters for Twitter, Uber, Dolby, Zendesk and many other tech giants. Within three blocks are all of the principal building for Northern California’s federal, state and local government. Also in our neighborhood are many theaters, San Francisco Symphony and Opera, the Asian Art Museum and dozens of other key cultural anchors of the entire Bay Area.
The successful candidate will join a unique organization in which blind and sighted professionals work together at every level. Our governing Board of Directors, management and staff are all composed of roughly equal numbers of blind and sighted people, a parity unprecedented in our field.
Founded in 1902, LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired provides skills, resources and community for the advancement of all individuals who are blind or have low vision. Our innovative programs have been featured in 60 Minutes, the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal and beyond. The blind community comes to LightHouse to learn how to travel independently with a white cane, to rejoin the workforce, use accessible technology, and meet a community of mentors and peers. From unique tactile maps, to an unparalleled camp for blind campers, to a world prize for blind ambition, LightHouse offers programs unavailable elsewhere.
Learn About Us:
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired
1155 Market Street, 10th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
The LightHouse offers a rich package of benefits, including medical, vision and dental insurance. Employees are eligible for an employer-matched 401(k) plan and subsidized health club membership, among many other perks.
Depending On Experience; industry competitive.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and résumé in word processing document attachments (no PDFs please) and employment application (downloads in a Word document) to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title in the subject line. including the job title in the subject line. To fill out the application, please enable editing in the document.