POSITION: Community Outreach Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Programs
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, headquartered in downtown San Francisco, is looking for a full-time Outreach Coordinator to fill a valued role in our growing organization.
Role Overview: The Community Outreach Coordinator (COC) will oversee and implement outreach strategies to promote LightHouse’s 80+ programs to the 40,000 blind and visually impaired residents of the bay area. The COC’s mission will be to interact directly with large numbers of people through general outreach and targeted, face-to-face engagement. The COC will represent the LightHouse and work with programmatic staff and the management team to develop and implement initiatives that increase the organization’s visibility within the surrounding community, and connect new students and participants to LightHouse services and programs.
The COC will be expected to be a regular presence in the community, and work directly with outside organizations on a frequent basis. Work will be largely based in San Francisco and the east bay, but the position may take you to locations throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or related fields.
- 2-3 years’ experience with outreach or fund-raising activities.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with maintaining databases.
- Proficiency with office productivity applications (Microsoft Office, Google Suite) preferred.
- Warm, enthusiastic, and positive attitude.
- High level of Emotional intelligence.
- Ability to engage with and listen to others.
- Liaise with programmatic staff to gain a comprehensive understanding of LightHouse programs.
- Develop talking points about student-facing programs.
- In collaboration with the Communications department, create physical and electronic collateral to promote LightHouse programs to the greater bay area.
- Grow contact reach through community networking, email and telephone communication, and targeted Internet research.
- In association with the Database manager, create an Outreach database.
- Maintain the outreach database, keeping all data current, and updated on a regular basis.
- Establish an outreach schedule for this role, including a minimum number of visits off-site each week.
- Grow and nurture relationships with established and new outreach contacts.
- Coordinate with all LightHouse departments to ensure this position is supported by programmatic staff during Outreach.
- Prepare an annual budget for community outreach activities.
- Ability to travel and get around throughout the Bay area and neighboring cities with personal or public transportation. Ability to sit at a desk and perform computer-intensive work if applicable; operate standard office equipment.
Compensation: Depending On Experience; industry competitive
How To Apply
After reviewing the complete Job Description please submit a cover letter and résumé in Microsoft Word attachments (no PDFs please) and employment application (downloads in a Word document), to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints we will only respond to complete submissions. Thanks for your understanding.
LightHouse is an equal opportunity employer. LightHouse policy and the law prohibit discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, ancestry, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, age (40 and over), sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions), marital status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), physical or mental disability (including HIV and AIDS), military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, denial of Family and Medical Care leave, height and weight, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Our policy and the law prohibit co-workers, third parties, supervisors, and managers from engaging in such conduct.
LightHouse personnel are employed on an at-will basis. Employment at-will means that the employment relationship may be terminated, with or without cause and with or without advance notice at any time by the employee or the Agency. We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace.