POSITION: Administrative Associate, DeafBlind Telecommunications Program
REPORTS TO: Director, Rehabilitation Services
DEPARTMENT(s): Rehabilitation Services
STATUS: FT Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, headquartered in downtown San Francisco, is looking for a full time Administrative Associate for the Deafblind Telecommunications Program.
Under the supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation Services, the Administrative Associate for the Deafblind Telecommunications Program will support day-to-day operations of the National DeafBlind Equipment Distribution Program (NDBEDP), a federally funded program which provides accessible telecommunications equipment and training to DeafBlind residents throughout all of California. This federal program is in its’ tenth year and ‘coming out’ of the pandemic in a safe way to provide services in-person and virtual.
Specifically, the role of the Administrative Associate has both highly detailed administrative needs as well as unique and necessary staff supportive roles to ensure the smooth running of the program. For this position, we are looking for one candidate that will have experience in keen attention and scrutiny to data-detail related to data input in a proprietary database program specific to the federal program (KLAS), as well as use of the LightHouse Salesforce database; demonstrated time management and prioritization skills; excellent written and verbal customer service support skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the DeafBlind team. This candidate will work from the LightHouse office at the Ed Robert’s Campus in Berkeley and may be requested to work from San Francisco depending on the needs of the program. Additionally, the candidate will be requested to drive and accompany training staff on day and overnight trips throughout California to ensure consumer needs are met.
Diversity and Inclusion: LightHouse intentionally and actively works to minimize barriers to employment faced by many marginalized groups. As a result, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and abilities, including but not limited to applicants who possess various disabilities, racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identities, and ages.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Detailed data entry for recipients in developing consumer records in KLAS and maintaining all electronic files. Corrects data entry errors/omissions.
- Handle monthly reconciliation of service Purchase Authorizations, Check Requests, and invoicing with Finance, ensure all information is entered into the KLAS database weekly with a focus on data accuracy and integrity
- Work closely with the DeafBlind Teams Access Technology Specialist regarding ordering, packaging, shipping, tracking and delivery of equipment.
- Work closely with the DeafBlind Team Finance team staff assigned to the program to ensure all data entry is entered accurately and is up to date monthly.
- Prepares quarterly billing reports and formulates/prepares quarterly invoices.
- Responsible for ensuring applications for the NDBEDP program are up-to-date and sent to applicants in a timely manner and entered in the KLAS database. Organize and process work in a timely and customer-friendly manner.
- Maintain all consumer Salesforce profiles, and details (including authorization details related to each NDBEDP recipient).
- Arrange student travel needs for training and attending programs. Assist in and/or request driving, and/or interpreting support, as needed.
- Communicate via telephone/video phone, email, and written correspondence to provide to potential consumers and referring provider’s correct information regarding the program.
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing a description and goals of each program and embrace a DeafBlind positive philosophy. Openness to learn.
- Assist in outreach as requested and planned
- Assist with staff data entry
- Drive Blind and DeafBlind staff to assessment, training, and outreach dates.
Education or Equivalent: Associates or Bachelor’s Degree with concentrations in Communications,
Experience: Minimum one year experience as administrative support; background in nonprofits desirable.
- Must love numbers and people.
- Excellent computer skills (from Microsoft Office Suite; heavy use of Excel) to Database Experience.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to handle and prioritize simultaneous requests.
- Willingness and ability to independently research solutions, learn new skills and stay abreast of program updates and changes.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be extremely organized, professional, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, patience, and the ability to relate to a diverse staff.
- Must have a desire to work with colleagues and collaborate around finding solutions to problems.
- Preferred ASL fluency
- Valid California State drivers license and experienced driver
- Ability to lift and transfer up to 50 pounds (computer & monitor boxes (PC and IMAC), packing supplies in and out of vehicle.
- LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is an equal opportunity employer to all. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of age, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, military veteran status, political affiliation, height, weight, or any other factor unrelated to the job.
- We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace free of harassment, in accordance with California law. Employees are expected to behave in accordance with these objectives.
- All LightHouse employees are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently, no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments (no PDFs please), to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints, we will only respond to complete submissions in which there is serious interest. Thank you for your understanding.