POSITION: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director, Access Technology
The San Francisco LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant to fill a valued role in our growing organization.
The Administrative Assistant (AA) will work closely with our Access technology department, as well as other agency staff, on daily administrative, clerical and communication tasks. If you enjoy organizing information and data, are comfortable with and curious about a variety of technologies and would value a role supporting people’s access to information, this position may be for you.
Diversity and Inclusion: LightHouse intentionally and actively works to minimize barriers to employment faced by many marginalized groups. As a result, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and abilities, including but not limited to applicants who possess various disabilities, racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identities, and ages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, flexible, detail oriented.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence to relate to staff, board members, volunteers, and students with disabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with precision and a high degree of organization.
- Ability to read English aloud in a clear and rapid manner is highly desirable. This position will often assist blind employees through reading visual materials such as print on paper, or icons and indicators on computer or device screens.
- Experience with CRM platforms, Salesforce preferred.
- Very strong Microsoft Office suite skills, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of virtual meeting platforms, particularly Zoom
- Comfortable with public-facing communication, customer service experience is a plus
- Ability to problem-solve
- Experience working with people with disabilities is a plus.
- Fluency in a language in addition to English is a plus.
- A college degree is a plus.
- At least two years’ experience in an administrative support position, or related field. A background in non-profits is highly desirable.
- Ability to safely and properly use tools and equipment
- Ability to perform computer-intensive work for long periods of time; operate standard office equipment; ability to work at offsite location(s) independently as needed
- Provide administrative support to the Access Technology Program and to other staff and programs as time and cross training permits.
- Proofread and format documents for external correspondence, such as statements of work, PowerPoint presentations, board reports, and reports for funders.
- Assist blind and low-vision employees with rapid completion of paperwork, event registrations, authorizations and other digital or paper-based tasks.
- Assist with billing, purchase authorizations, and purchasing supplies and equipment.
- Direct inbound departmental communication to appropriate staff members, and answer student inquiries about upcoming programs and services.
- Input student intake information into online database and facilitate student completion of agency wavers.
- Track monthly department data in external funder databases.
- Provide reader and visual description support for blind and low-vision LightHouse staff, which sometimes includes reading the screens of devices.
- Assist Moderating Virtual programing
- Manage recordkeeping for virtual events including registration and attendance reporting.
- Help manage email lists for program announcements
- Package and ship technology devices to LightHouse students.
- Update training computers and devices with direction from the Access Technology team.
- Occasionally make business travel and hotel arrangements.
- Perform additional clerical duties.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
LightHouse is an equal opportunity employer. LightHouse policy and the law prohibit discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, ancestry, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, age (40 and over), sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions), marital status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), physical or mental disability (including HIV and AIDS), military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, denial of Family and Medical Care leave, height and weight, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Our policy and the law prohibit co-workers, third parties, supervisors, and managers from engaging in such conduct.
LightHouse personnel are employed on an at-will basis. Employment at-will means that the employment relationship may be terminated, with or without cause and with or without advanced notice at any time by the employee or the Agency. We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace.
To access the full Job Description for this position, please go to: http://lighthouse-sf.org/about/careers/administrative assistant
How to Apply:
After reviewing the complete Job Description, please submit a cover letter and résumé as word processing document attachments (no PDFs please), to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints, we will only respond to complete submissions. Thanks for your understanding.