Responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payable and cash receipts in the LightHouse Finance Department. Assists with month-end closing procedures and related work as required.
AGENCY EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEES:
As employees, we should:
- Read, understand, and adhere to all Agency policies and procedures.
- Conduct ourselves in a professional manner on and off the job, knowing that we are representatives of LightHouse.
- Perform all job responsibilities.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward everyone.
- Communicate regularly and appropriately with our supervisors, and colleagues within our own departments.
- Demonstrate efficient time management and the ability to prioritize our assignments.
- Consistently report to work on time, and be ready to begin performing our assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Work productively.
- Continue to learn and communicate a blindness-positive philosophy based on best current practices in the field.
Education or equivalent: Accounting degree preferred.
Experience: Two years of Accounts Payable/Cash Receipts experience.
Other: Ability to work both independently and with others as a team. Strong interpersonal skills essential to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers and contacts. Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Understands Accounts Payable (AP) and Cash Receipts (CR) policies and procedures.
- Carries out the duties of the AP and CR positions by computing, classifying, recording and verifying source data utilizing project code.
- Performs accounting functions in support of other departments as they relate to the maintenance of AP & CR.
- Analyzes AP expense accounts coding.
- Maintains all AP vendor files and CR documents.
- Maintains Payable Accounts and Cash Receipts account schedules.
- Handles daily petty cash disbursements.
- Assists with departmental filing system and periodic archiving.
- Assists outside auditors during the annual certified audit.
- Prepares year-end 1099 forms.
- Cross-trains with Accounts Receivable Coordinator.
- Other duties may also be assigned
Equal opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
All employees at LightHouse are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently, no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
Please submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments, to email@example.com; thank you.