POSITION: Accounting Manager
Application Deadline: Open until filled
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, headquartered in downtown San Francisco, is looking for a full time Accounting Manager to fill a newly created role for our growing manufacturing facility in Alameda on Bay Farm Island. The Accounting Manager will be an integral Finance team member with the San Francisco Finance team. The key person in this hybrid role will work residing primarily in Alameda with intermittent workdays at our San Francisco facility.
Under the CFO supervision, the Accounting Manager will partner with the LHI Plant Management and leadership to produce accurate recording, reconciliation and reporting of inventory, management information and financials.
Diversity and Inclusion: LightHouse intentionally and actively works to minimize barriers to employment faced by many marginalized groups. As a result, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and abilities, including but not limited to applicants who possess various disabilities, racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identities, and ages.
Education or equivalent:
Bachelor’s degree required; accounting major preferred but not required
3-5 years of accounting/cost accounting experience and/or experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Superior communication skills
- Strong organization and prioritization/time management skills that ensure timely completion of assigned projects and deadlines
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong customer service commitment and ability for internal and external customers
- Ability to be a contributing partner to the San Francisco-based Finance team and the LHI leadership.
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and cost accounting principles and practices, non-profit experience helpful.
- Preferred experience with Calendaring, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, as well other Software Applications including but not limited to QuickBooks, Financial Edge and Mar-Kov.
- Must be able to sit or stand at a desk and perform computer-intensive work
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment
- Must be able to carry or move 20 lbs. independently and 50 lbs. using assistive devices
- Must be able to navigate within the confines of a factory operation
The position will own the accounting for LightHouse Industries (LHI) some of the specific duties are the following in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP):
- Record transactions and participate in preparation of monthly factory operations financial statements
- Prepare monthly federal sales reports to NIB
- Calculate and prepare monthly licensed products profit share report
- Reconcile and report inventory valuation
- Respond to audit requests and support audits for LH and LHI
- Responsible for tax and compliance reporting
- Calculate and report Partner Quarterly Margin Splits
- Record accounting transactions including but not limited to Sales and Cost of Goods Sold
- Record and process inventory-related accounts payable invoices and payments in a timely manner and in accordance with LightHouse policies and procedures
- 1099 and 1096
- Generate sales invoices and follow up on outstanding accounts receivable balances in a timely manner and in accordance with LightHouse policies and procedures
- Maintain vendor and customer files and documentation Recommend process improvements as needed
- Maintain internal controls and recommend improvements as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
LightHouse is an equal opportunity employer. LightHouse policy and the law prohibit discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, ancestry, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, age (40 and over), sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions), marital status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), physical or mental disability (including HIV and AIDS), military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, denial of Family and Medical Care leave, height and weight, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Our policy and the law prohibit co-workers, third parties, supervisors, and managers from engaging in such conduct.
LightHouse personnel are employed on an at-will basis. Employment at-will means that the employment relationship may be terminated, with or without cause and with or without advance notice at any time by the employee or the Agency.
We strive to maintain a scent-free environment and a drug-free workplace. Employees are expected to behave in accordance with these objectives.
All employees at LightHouse are hired for an indefinite and unspecified duration and consequently, no employee is guaranteed employment for a specified length of time. Employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and LightHouse. Accordingly, either the employee or LightHouse can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause (“employment at will”).
How to Apply:
After reviewing the complete Job Description located at our website at: https://lighthouse-sf.org/about/careers/, please complete an application as well as a cover letter and résumé as word processing document attachments, (no PDFs please).
Please send them to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line. We will not consider videos or hyperlinks to online profiles. Due to time constraints we will only respond to complete submissions. Thanks for your understanding.