The Atmospheric River Storm that hit the California coast over the past few weeks has caused unprecedented rainfall in the San Francisco Bay Area and Napa Valley. With the extreme weather causing structural damages, flash flooding, and mudslides throughout the region, we called upon our trusty Enchanted Hills Camp (EHC) staff members to provide an update on our beloved camp.
“These last couple of weeks have been very trying, but all in all, camp held up better than expected!” reports Enchanted Hills Camp Maintenance Manager, Dan Kistler.
He continued, “We had numerous trees fall down. One tree in particular was a huge oak that knocked down a power line that feeds electricity into the bath house and Lower Camp. Luckily, PG&E was swift at getting our power restored. We’d also like to thank Tim Gregory for helping with the removal of the large fallen oak tree.
“The creek that feeds into Lake Lokoya handled the storm just great. Thanks to our friends at Wright Construction, we were able to redirect the water flow. With some minor adjustments, the runoff and flooding was under control. Thank you to everyone who helped to make camp safe!”
We are so thankful to all our camp allies that have made EHC the safe place to be this winter! And although it’s cold and damp there now, summer 2023 is closer than you think. Summer Camp registration begins on Wednesday, February 1. Here’s a sneak peek at this year’s camp lineup:
Enchanted Hills Camp Summer 2023 Camp Sessions
- Changing Vision, Changing Life: Sunday, June 4 – Friday, June 9
- Little Learners: Friday, June 9 – Sunday, June 11
- Family Camp I: Thursday, June 15 – Sunday, June 18
- Adult Session: Monday, June 26 – Saturday, July 1
- Adults with Developmental Disabilities: Monday, July 3 – Saturday, July 8
- Youth Session: Monday, July 10 – Saturday, July 15
- Teen Session: Monday, July 17 – Saturday, July 29
- Family Camp II: Wednesday, August 2 – Saturday, August 5
- Music/STEM Camp: Monday, August 7 – Sunday, August 13
EHC Virtual Campfire is February 3
Don’t forget you can hear all about camp updates, learn more about EHC Summer Camp 2023, and enjoy a fun evening by the virtual campfire on Friday, February 3.
What: EHC Virtual Campfire
When: Friday, February 3, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm Pacific
RSVP: To Andrew Martinez at AMartinez@lighthouse-sf.org or 415-694-7642 to receive the Zoom meeting link