Tactile map 1: Alternative route for shipping while Suez Canal blocked
Description: Tactile map of shipping route using Suez Canal and route around Cape of Good Hope. Routes connect Rotterdam, Netherlands to Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Additional information not on tactile graphic:
- Using Suez Canal: 10,000 nautical miles, 18,520 km, 25.5 days (avg speed)
- Around Cape of Good Hope, 13,500 nautical miles, 25,002 km, 34 days (avg speed)
Tactile map 2: Suez Canal, Egypt: Red Sea to Mediterranean Sea
Description: Tactile map of Suez Canal from Red Sea to Mediterranean Sea, showing location where Ever Given hit right bank of canal.
Related podcast: Tug Life: The story of the small boats helping reopen the Suez Canal.
ZIP folder contains files for producing 2 tactile maps on 8.5 x 11-inch paper:
- PRNs for ViewPlus Columbia / Delta, APH PixBlaster, IRIE BrailleTrac / BrailleSheet;
- PDFs for Swell, Microcapsule or PIAF;
- Reference PDFs with corresponding large print text (not for tactile production).
Sign up to receive tactile graphics files to print at home and surveys to vote on the next week’s tactile graphic.